While there are a whole plethora of weapons you can use, Elden Ring has introduced a new gameplay mechanic. Ashes of War allows you to tweak your weapons more by adding cool skills. It can either add or increase your stats and attributes to a great level. From damaging your opponents with a Golden Slam to piercing Thunderbolts upon your opponents. But as these Ashes of War can be added on different weapons, players are wondering if they can switch or remove them from a weapon. Yes! you can indeed remove them from a weapon. So here’s our guide on how to remove Ashes of War in Elden Ring.
How to Remove Ashes of War in Elden Ring?
There are different ways to remove Ashes of War from your weapon and shields. Although they both follow a similar method, you need to go to the Knight Bernahl to remove Ashes of War from your shields.
How to remove Ashes of War from Weapons?
Follow these steps to remove Ashes of War from any weapons:
- Head over to any of the Sites of Grace.
- Then, select the Ashes of War option.
- Click on whichever weapon you have applied Ashes of War.
- Select the Undo Unenchantment option to remove its effects.
Your weapon will return to its previous or original stats after you remove the Ashes of War from it.
Scroll till the end to find out how to remove Ashes of War from shields in Elden Ring.
How to Remove Ashes of War from Shields?
- Head over to the Knight Bernahl located at the Warmaster’s Shack in the central Stormhill.
- Select Learn skills option.
- Purchase the Ashes of War: No skill for 600 runes.
- Now, head over to a Site of Grace.
- Select Ashes of War other click on the shield you want to remove the Ashes of War.
- Then, select the Ashes of War: No skill.
- Click on the Default affinity to remove its effects and change the shield back to its previous stats.
That’s all on how to remove Ashes of War in Elden Ring. If you liked this guide, make sure to check our other guides on how to sell Ashes of War, the best tier list for Ashes of Warand how to get and use Ashes of War in Elden Ring right here on Gamer Tweak.