Blizzard yesterday released a new Warcraft strategy game: Warcraft Arclight Rumble (iOS, Android). 5 minutes of gameplay for the game can now be seen on YouTube.
Who is the video from? Arclight Rumble’s first gameplay video is by Toweliee, a Twitch streamer. He’s apparently one of the first Blizzard people to have access to the game that’s been the subject of so much controversy. Because for many Blizzard core fans, Mobile is a red rag.
This is what he says about the game: The streamer explains in a 5 minute video:
- Blizzard introduced the game as a “tower offense” game, in fact it was more of an action strategy game
- You build up your forces from leaders and minis – the leaders are well-known characters from Warcraft like Grom Hellscream, Jaina or Baron Riverdale.
- There would be a large single player campaign with 70 missions
- In addition, weekly and monthly challenges in the form of dungeons or epic raids
- There are about 60 characters from the world of Warcraft, rendered like a tabletop board game, that can be leveled and upgraded
Here is the first Arclight Rumble gameplay:
“Blizzard has always followed trends”
How is the reaction to the gameplay? The trailer also shows that the discussion about the game is far apart:
- Many say it’s “just not a game for them”. It looks boring
- Some criticize Blizzard for being very late with such a “tower defense” game in 2022
- But there are also some who defend Blizzard: They say, for example, Blizzard has never been an innovator, has always followed trends and then improved them. They want to at least give Warcraft a chance
We have also listed a detailed illustration of this discussion and the first reactions on MeinMMO:
Blizzard announces new Warcraft Mobile, players complain: Doesn’t look like Warcraft at all