Destiny 2: Weekly Reset on 5/17 – Final week for Season 16
The last week of Season 16 in Destiny 2 starts today. That means the last chance to complete some seasonal activities. These include the gold Strike title for Conquerors, the Guardian Games items or weapon, and the seasonal shotgun ornaments “Reckless Endangerment”. We’ll tell you what’s active this week.
This is happening this week: The new Season 17 (name not yet known) starts on May 24, 2022. This means that you can only use this week in the Season of the Risen to complete certain content. Also, this is the final week of the Guardian Games event where you fight for your class. The Warlocks are currently dominating the leaderboard, giving them a good shot at the Winners’ Cup.
In PvP, Lord Saladin will be replaced by Saint-14 at the end of the week, as the Trials will be active again from Friday. However, there is currently a lot of mistrust in the Crucible, because hardware cheats make the mode unfair and could also ruin the revised Iron Banner in Season 17.
The most important information about activities from 17.05. until 24.05.
Vanguard: Dawn: The Crucible
The Dawn: The Crucible is this week’s Strike:
- The Scarlet Fortresson the moon
- Hashladun, daughter of Crota, designed the Red Hive Bulwark to harness the energies of the pyramid buried in the abyss below. You are to drive them out of their refuge in Strike and further thin out the descendants of Oryx.
Playlist strikes have these modifiers:
- Void Scorch
- The Singe modifier stays with you throughout the week, the others change daily.
You get these weapons from dawns: Each week, players can obtain specific weapons from the Nightfall Strikes. There are currently six weapons in rotation in the current loot pool. After the mandatory automatic rifle was available last week, one of these weapons will be available before the loot changes in the new season 17.
- The Palindrome – 140 Void Hand Cannon
- Plug-One.1 – Arc Fusion Rifle
Top Twilights: In order to start in the supreme discipline of strikes, the frontrunner twilight, you need a power level of 1,575. You also fight in competitive mode. This means you will be fighting 25 power levels below the peak power level of 1600, requiring tactical and team coordination. In addition, the twilight weapon drops as a master version, i.e. adept.
Endgame: Raid Challenges
That happens in the raid “The student’s oath“:
- The challenge starts in the “Oath of the Apprentice” raid “Rapid Destruction”. To complete them, players must defeat all unstoppable champions at once or within a few seconds.
- As a reward for completing the first stage of the Grandmaster Raid challenge this week, there is a chance for a master version of the Submachine Gun Submission, Fusion Rifle Redemption, or Linear Fusion Rifle Cataclysm.
Destiny 2: All 7 weapons from the new raid “Oath of the Apprentice” – That’s how strong they are
That happens in the raid “Glass chamber“:
- The Gatekeeper Challenge takes place in the Glass Chamber “Strangers in Time” instead of. Note that here you have to kill the minotaurs in the different timelines on Mars and Venus at the same time as the wyverns.
- A time-lost weapon awaits as a reward in the raid’s challenge mode. This week it’s the Heze Revenge rocket launcher. The weapon also comes with a guaranteed 2 perks per slot. But always remember that hard and normal mode share the loot.
- This week’s armor focus in the raid is: Strength
Savathun’s Throne World – Weekly campaign mission
- “The arrival”
- This week you can play the first campaign mission on Grandmaster difficulty. You infiltrate a Cabal base on Mars, then daringly investigate Savathun’s ship for any sign of the Light.
Crucible – These are the PvP playlists:
- private match
- Glory Survival
- Glory Survival: Freelance
- Trials of Osiris
Active bonus this week: There are bonus reputation ranks in Vanguard, Gambit, and Crucible this week.
Ascendant Challenge – Dreaming City
- Petra Venj has the 2nd Ascendant Challenge for you this week. You can find Petra and her quest offering at The Shore location in the Dreaming City. Again, Savathun has a hand in this, as the curse starts to take over the holy city of the awakened again at level 1.
Sources of pinnacle loot in Destiny 2 Season 16
This is the new max level: In the new Season of the Risen, the maximum power level of your gear is 1,560. This means that the power level at the start of the DLC has increased by +230 power levels compared to the previous season 15. However, all players are also boosted to a base power level of 1350 at launch, and there are many sources to level up quickly.
If you want to quickly reach 1,520 power levels, you only have to complete the legendary campaign. By the way, you will also get one of the new Witch Queen exotics as a gift when you finish.
This top loot (Pinnacle Gear) takes your power level above 1,550:
- Raid “The Apprentice’s Oath” (+2)
- Dungeon “Drawn of Greed” (+2)
- Accomplished in the Dawn: Trial by Fire with at least 100,000 points (+2)
- Weekly Witch Queen campaign mission with at least 100,000 points (+2)
- Defeat Champions in the PsiOp Battlegrounds Playlist (+2)
- Wellspring Activity on Grandmaster 1,580 (+2)
- Complete the Conservation activity in the Pyramid of Darkness (+2)
- “Tests of Eternity”: Score at least 250,000 points or more (+2)
- Defeat Mighty Cabal in the exotic mission “Vox Obscura” (+2)
- Complete 3 Gambit matches (+1)
- Complete 3 Crucible matches (+1)
- Complete 3 Vanguard Operation strikes with appropriate focus (+1)
- Hawthorne’s Clan Task (+1)
- Trials of Osiris (+2)
Bright Dust Highlights in Eververse
Tess, the seller in Destiny 2’s cosmetic shop, will also be offering a few Season 16 items this week. How about this fancy Vex Egoclastic ornament for the Exo weapon from the Vault of Glass raid? Or do you prefer to dump your spirit in a jar?
You can still get that this week for Bright Dust at Tess:
- The Exotic Multiplayer Emote “Give me a G”
- The Exotic Spirit Shell “Champion Shell”
- The Backswimmer Shell Exotic Spirit Shell
- Legendary Ghost Projection “Trophy Projection”
- The Legendary Power Nap Emote
- Photo Finish Shader
How about you? Have you already ticked off this season 16 or are there still a few little things missing that you want to catch up on? Or are you already chilled? Let us know what you think of the new season in the comments.