The approximately two-hour Summer Game Fest show is over and has given us premieres, trailers and updates to well-known games. Here is a summary of the most important announcements.
The Last of Us Triple Pack
The Last of Us Remake trailer reveals the remastered version for PS5
The show’s bouncer was The Last of Us. Unsurprisingly, the leak from a few hours ago was confirmed with the announcement on the show: The Last of Us Part 1 gets a remake for the PS5. You can read more about this in the following article:
more on the subject
The Last of Us Remake officially confirmed for PS5 and PC, release in September
That was not all: There was also a first concept art for the standalone multiplayer, which should be released in 2023. A first official picture from the HBO series was also released, with Joel (Pedro Pascal) and Ellie (Bella Ramsey) seen from the front. Neil Druckmann also mentioned another project, which he didn’t want to tell us about yet.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
CoD Modern Warfare 2 shows 7 minutes of gameplay from the campaign
We saw a gameplay trailer for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 yesterday. Another trailer (Dark Water) was released at the Summer Game Fest 2022, which takes us into a campaign mission that is based on the first mission from the original Modern Warfare. Alejandro Vargas will also join Captain Price, Johnny “Soap” MacTavish and Simon “Ghost” Riley.
By the way, here’s Tobis Preview, who has already seen more of Modern Warfare 2:
more on the subject
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 wants to get us really wet (Preview)
Goat simulator 3
Goat Simulator 3: The announcement trailer steals the show from everyone else
The prize for probably the funniest announcement goes to Goat Simulator 3. Part 3? Yes, you read that right. A Goat Simulator 2 was simply skipped. The game also pokes fun at the Dead Island 2 trailer, in which a jogger turns into a zombie while running.
The Goar Simulator 3 should still 2022 for PlayStation, Xbox and PC appear.
One Piece Odyssey
One Piece Odyssey trailer shows Straw Hat gang stranded on island
One Piece Odyssey has a new trailer, but has not received any other significant information. The game will be released later this year for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC.
Layers of Fears
Layers of Fears teaches you to fear again in 2023
Layers of Fears is a collection of psychological horror games: it includes Layers of Fear including expansion, Layers of fear 2 and a whole new story chapter – all in Unreal Engine 5. The collection will appear in the Spring 2023 for PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC.
If you want to know more about the new Layers of Fears, we recommend the following article:
more on the subject
Layers of Fears brings back the parts of the series as a horror chronicle with new content
Fort Solis – New sci-fi horror starring Joel and Arthur Morgan announced
Fort Solis is a single player re-release aimed at picking up fans of space horror games. The game comes from the small studio Fallen Leaf, but big names have been confirmed for the voice actors: Troy Baker (Joel on The Last of Us) and Roger Clark (Arthur Morgan from RDR2).
When Fort Solis appears was not announced. So far, the platform has been used PC via Steam approved.
What else was there at the Summer Games Fest?
- Aliens: Dark Descent was announced with a trailer. The squad-based action title is coming to PC and consoles in 2023.
- American Arcadia
- Cuphead – The Delicious Last Course: The challenging shooter action DLC was shown with a gameplay trailer. It will be released on June 30th for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
- Fall Guys got a new trailer on the occasion of the Free2Play changeover on June 21st.
- flash back 2 is the sequel to the 1992 action-adventure, which featured revolutionary animation at the time. It comes for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch.
- Gotham Knights introduced Nightwing genuer in a trailer.
- high water is a strategic adventure that will be released in 2022. The setting is a world flooded by global warming.
- Honkai Starrail
- human child
- Marvel’s Midnight Suns: Venom and Spider-Man battle each other in a new trailer.
- Metal Hellsinger not only got a new trailer, but also a release date: From September 15th on PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC we can shoot down demons to the beat of the metal music. There will also be a demo.
- Midnight Fight Express
- Neon White
- routine is another space horror game, albeit with an 80s vibe. In a trailer you get a first impression of the dark horror trip.
- Saints Row Boss Factory: You can now download the character editor of the action game, which will be released on August 23, for free and create characters. And it can be worth it, because Saints Row has the craziest editor we’ve ever seen.
- Street Fighter 6: A gameplay trailer introduced Guile as a playable character. The Beat’em Up will be released in 2023.
- Soul’s Hackers 2
- great people
- TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge
- The Callisto Protocol
- The Quarry was shown again with the launch trailer.
- Warhammer 40k dark tide
- witch fire
- Zenless Zone Zero (from the creators of Genshin Impact)
The Sum Game Fest isn’t over yet: Aside from the live show, we can look forward to further announcements and shows over the next few days, which we will also accompany as part of our Find Your Next Game program. So feel free to take a look at ours Twitch live streams on Monsters and Explosions over.
How did you like the live show? What was your highlight?