Psyonix released the patch notes for Rocket League Season 7, which includes a new Rocket Pass, arena, car, and challenges.
Rocket League Season 7 is out now and Psyonix has released the full patch notes for the game’s massive upcoming season.
It looks like Psyonix is going all out for Season 7, with all the gold and gold-trimmed aesthetics, from the logo to the all-new vehicle.
Psyonix’s full patch notes detail everything coming in Season 7, including additions to Pride Month, Season 6 competitive rewards, new Tournaments, and much more.
Rocket League Season 7 Patch Notes
First of all, the Season 7 Rocket Pass is finally available. The Rocket Pass introduces a new car called ‘Maestro’.
The Maestro is a limited rarity vehicle that features the ‘Gold’ paint variant, in keeping with the theme of Season 7. Maestro uses the ‘Dominus’ body type and hitbox.
There is also a new arena variant called ‘Utopia Coliseum (Gilded)’ Arena which is now available in online playlists, private matches and free play.
Utopia Coliseum was one of Rocket League’s first free arenas back in 2015, so it’s good to see the arena getting some love so long after launch.
As for game updates, Psyonix has made changes to custom training, including the ability to reset progress in any training pack, as well as adding a more convenient way to navigate outside of custom training.
Psyonix also announced that Rocket League Season 7 brings more Pride Month-themed content, including a free “Shine Through” pack that is available in the Rocket League Item Shop. June 15 at 9am PST through July 12.
The patch notes also revealed that new ‘Select Favorites 2’ series skins will start rolling out on June 16 at 9am PST.
The full patch notes for Rocket League Season 7 can be found below:
- Season 7 Rocket Pass, with the new ‘Maestro’ car, has started
- The new arena ‘Utopia Coliseum (Gilded)’ can be found in online playlists, private matches and free play
- Season 6 rewards are dropping for all eligible players
- Additional patch notes can be found for the game update on 6/14/2022 (v2.16) here
- Season 7 Rocket Pass, with the new ‘Maestro’ car, has started
- Master uses Dominus’ hitbox
- Season 7 Tournaments are now available
- Any unused Season 6 tournament credits are automatically converted to rewards.
- Tournament Credits have become the highest level reward you are capable of earning based on your Tournament Rank and the number of Tournament Credits you have left.
- Stage 1 challenges for season 7 are now available
- Competitive Season 7 has begun
- Changes in season 7
- Applied a soft reset to all competitive playlists, similar to previous seasons
New sand variant
- New arena ‘Utopia Coliseum (Gilded)’ can be found on online playlists
‘Select Favorites 2’ Plan Series
- Blueprint items from the ‘Select Favorites 2’ series will start appearing on 6/16 at 9am PDT / 4pm UTC
- The ‘Shine Through’ Pack is available for free in the Item Shop at 9am PDT today through 7/12/2022
Season 6 Competitive Rewards
- Season 6 Competitive has ended. Season reward items and titles will be awarded for your highest rank achieved during the season and for successfully completing the corresponding season reward tiers.
- Season 6 rewards are non-tradeable universal decals
- Bronze I or higher – Season 6 – Bronze Decal
- Silver I or higher – Season 6 – Silver Decal + Lower Decal
- Gold I or higher – Season 6 – Gold Decal + Lower Decals
- Platinum I or higher – Season 6 – Platinum Decal + Lower Decals
- Diamond I or higher – Season 6 – Diamond Decal + Lesser Decals
- Champion I or higher – Season 6 – Champion Decal + Lesser Decals
- Grand Champion I – Season 6 – Grand Champion Decal + Lower Decals
- Supersonic Legend – Season 6 – Supersonic Legend Decal + Lower Decals
- Grand Champion titles (in crimson text)
- Grand Competitive Champion: “S6 GRAND CHAMPION”
- Grand Rumble Champion: “S6 RNG CHAMP”
- Grand Hoops Champion: “S6 DUNK MASTER”
- Snow Day Grand Champion: “S6 BLIZZARD WIZARD”
- Dropshot Grand Champion: “S6 FLOOR DESTROYER”
- Supersonic Legend titles (in titanium white text)
- Competitive: “S6 SUPERSONIC LEGEND”
- Rumble: “S6 RNGENIUS”
- Hoops: “S6 LEGENDARY BALLER”
- Snow day: “S6 ICE TITAN”
- Dropshot: “PLATE ANNIHILADOR S6
CHANGES AND UPDATES
Personalized training updates
- Learn more about changes to custom training here
- You can now complete shots in a training pack in any order you like
- Training Pack progress is now included in game save data
- You can reset progress in any training pack (see pause menu changes below)
- New controls:
- Next and previous shot: Freely switch between shots in a training pack
- Select shot– Long press to bring up a new dropdown menu that allows you to choose which shot from the pack you want to practice
- random shots: Randomize the order of shots (press again to restore the original order)
- shooting reflex: Throw a shot to the opposite side of the arena. Duplication works in all Arenas currently available in Custom Training
- To view and change the Custom Training controls:
- Load in a custom training package
- Go to Settings -> Controls -> View/Change Links
- Scroll to the bottom and you will see the new entries just below the controls for Knockout
- ‘History’ tab has been added to the custom training menu
- New options have been added to the custom training pause menu
- reset progress
- finish training
- Workout completion screen: From here, you can go back to the pack, switch to a different game mode, change the training pack, or return to the main menu.
- This screen will appear the first time you complete all shots in a training pack and each time you complete all shots in a pack after resetting progress
- This screen will not appear automatically if you are using a training package that has already been completed if your progress has not been reset
- Sort by paintings– You can now sort customization items by paints in car customization menus and manage inventory
- gold paint– ‘Gold’ has been added as a painted color attribute, available on select customization items
- We have made changes and improvements to the way we track and take action against in-game dueling and scoring on your own team (“own goals”)
- If you witness any duels or own goals during a match, use the report reason “Match Shot/Duel”.
- This will lead to disciplinary action under the prohibition ground of “Unsportsmanlike Conduct”.
- When a player is banned, a “Report Feedback” notification is sent to all players who submitted eligible reports for Match Throwing/Griefing
- Like the new shot controls in Custom Training, the ball controls in Free Play are now displayed in the top left corner at all times.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to leave 1v1 Competitive Duel matches early (before 90 seconds) without receiving a matchmaking ban.
- Fixed positioning of in-game voice chat notifications
- Fixed a focus issue in the friends list while browsing the report/block list.
- [PS, Switch, Xbox] Fixed a rare bug that allowed viewers to participate in some online matches and would place them on the field.
- This issue was fixed on PC in v2.15
- Fixed a bug with the Credits popup after an operation is complete
- Fixed various bugs with the appearance of the text in the scoreboard.
- Fixed shark tooth decal appearance on Jager 619
- Fixed the Joker decal on Dominus so it no longer affects the color of the painted border.
- Fixed MG-88 decal appearance on Endo
- Voice chat popup for new users no longer blocks controller input
- Fixed post-match scoreboard so MVP player name is not cut off
- Fixed a bug that caused a player’s rank to appear as Unranked on the post-match leaderboard.
For a complete list of known issues in Rocket League, come here
- [Custom Training] HUD does not update automatically when changing controls
- [Custom Training] Some shots may not be reflected correctly
- [Custom Training] Replay can show the car moving down the field after a shot is reflected
- Some Boosts may be partially visible to split-screen players, even when they are not being actively used.
- Sometimes the lightning animation on a car doesn’t trigger when a player changes teams.
- Animated ‘Boujee’ decal is off center on certain bodies
- ‘Sizzled’ decal appears as an ‘Animated’ decal when it is not
- For first time players only, leaving the RL intro cutscene causes the car and grass in the main menu to be hidden until they enter the garage.
- Some Blueprint thumbnails may disappear when quickly switching between tabs
- When being replaced by a real player, the names of the bots cannot disappear from the scoreboard.