Valve released a huge CS:GO update on June 15, shipping M4A1-S nerfs and old map changes at the stroke of midnight. A handful of other updates have also been added – here are the full patch notes.
Nowadays it’s rare for a CS:GO patch to have any impact on the meta, but the June 15 update sent out by Valve is one of those rare occasions.
The Counter-Strike devs are changing two big things that could dictate the pro meta: shipping M4A1-S nerfs, as well as some big Ancient map changes.
Here are all the details on the CS:GO June 15 update, including patch notes.
What will change in the CS:GO June 15 patch?
Reduced M4A1-S magazine size
The M4A1-S has become the go-to rifle on the CT side in 2022 after its improvements in Operation Riptide in September 2021.
Since then, he has contributed to nearly 25% of kills in competitive Counter-Strike while the M4A4 , which reigned supreme the longest , fell into relative obscurity.
Valve is trying to bring some balance back to defenders’ rifles by reducing the magazine size of the M4A1-S from 25 to 20. Players will have 80 bullets in reserve, instead of 75. While the number of bullets is unchanged , sprays have to be on point to ensure kills before reloading.
Old map changes around Cave, B-site
Valve is also shipping changes to five maps in CS:GO as part of the June 15 patch, most notably Ancient. The devs have cleaned up the cave area, removing the stack of boxes located outside and fixing some pixel gaps towards T mid.
Added extra cover to the pillar near Site B, helping CTs trying to hold back the tide. Wallbang damage via scaffolding at Site B has also been removed. Some paths , including the archeological dig at Cave and a side path to Site A , have also been closed.
Inferno, Vertigo, Cache and Vineyard have also had minor changes. You can find the full CS:GO June 15 patch notes below, courtesy of valve.
CS:GO June 15 Patch Notes
how to play
- M4A1-S magazine size reduced to 20 rounds, with 80 in reserve.
- Remove the stack of boxes outside the “cave” location
- Fixed pixel gap from inside “cave” towards T mid
- Fixed ground clipping bugs in the middle causing players to fly slightly.
- Smoothed ground out of the “cave” towards ramp B
- Archaeological dig locked inside the “cave”
- Softened corners in the “donut” room
- Added an additional cover near the B-pillar
- One side exit to site A blocked, remaining exit widened
- Fixed some visual glitches when looking into the middle from the “donut” room.
- Reduced wall hit damage through scaffolding at Site B
- Powered light emitted by candles/lanterns
- Increased bomb blast damage from 500 to 620
- Another attempt to fix Molly’s bug across the floor mid
- Removed one position per ramp corner
- Performance and stability improvements.
- Ivy now sways in the wind
- Fixed displacement physics problems