Once you complete the Vox Obscura quest in Destiny 2, you will be rewarded with the Dead Messenger exotic weapon, so here is a helpful guide on how to get the job done.
Destiny 2’s Vox Obscura quest was introduced to the game during Season of the Risen and is still available in Season of the Haunted. Upon successful completion of the quest, you will be rewarded with an exotic grenade launcher, the dead messenger.
To get your hands on this weapon, you’ll need to have the right weapons and strategies. So buckle up with your friends as we’ve got you covered in this complete guide.
Loadouts for Destiny 2 Vox Obscura quest
To complete the Destiny 2 Vox Obscura quest on normal difficulty, you will need to hold a ranged weapon I like it Sniper either fusion rifles in your equipment. Ranged weapons deal a lot of damage, making things easier in the meantime.
- During this mission, you will come across multiple enemies like Goliath tanks and psions who are vulnerable to Critical damage. Weapons like Eriana’s Vow, Threaded Needle, Gjallarhorn, and Arbalest are some of the best for dealing critical damage to these enemies.
- Next, we recommend taking hand cannons either pulse rifles to stun the unstoppable championswhich have their own set of modifiers to stun enemies, so choose the weapon that suits your own playstyle.
- Last but not least, make sure bring a rocket launcher in your charge as it will deal a large amount of damage in the final boss fight.
Before heading into the Operation Elbrus quest chain, make sure you have reached the minimum power requirement level of 1550. Once you complete the quest on Normal difficulty, you will be able to complete it on Master difficulty (minimum power level for this is 1580).
Now that you have landed on Mars, you will need to enter the Psion base. The base hanger can be accessed through the back wing by hacking the door.
- Once that’s done, you’ll face off against a group of Psions and Scorpius turrets before getting your hands on one of the Interceptors. This Interceptor’s cannons will destroy the marked wall and create an exit to the Barrens.
As soon as you get out, you’ll need to clear the airfield before an orbital bombardment begins. If you don’t complete the task within the time limit, it will disappear and you will have to start from the beginning.
- Within this time, your team needs defeat a goliath tank to clear space for Caiatl (she will help you claim the Vox Revelata exotic quest to acquire the catalyst). Use ranged weapons here, as they will ensure a quicker takedown of the tank.
- An unstoppable champion will then spawn inside a small building, so focus on taking him down. After you have defeated the Unstoppable Champion, Amanda Holliday will give you a drake tank for the next meeting.
Now it’s time to head to the Scablands, which is full of Cabals. Avoid attacking them, as you will need to save your tank’s health to face increased resistance in the form of more Goliath tanks, protected signal towers, and a large multi-troop defense.
Prioritize taking down the Goliath tanks here, and once they’re down, move to the signal towers, which can be destroyed by blowing up the generators. Focus on the weak point marked in blue for the most effective method.
Once you successfully take down the towers, the timer will stop and the second encounter will begin.
This part of the quest will start after you. enter the control room located inside the base. This stretch won’t be easy, as you’ll have to face off against another Unstoppable Champion and an Incendiary named Ba’Aruk.
- After defeating them, you need to move to the lower floors through the escape ports. Be careful going through it, as this area has vents that will damage you if you don’t avoid their destructive blue flames.
- Once your fire team has accessed the lower floor, you will find three Guardians of the Psion Code protected by their commanders.
- By defeating them, you will gain access to the control room, preparing you for the final stage of the mission.
The boss fight for Destiny 2’s Vox Obscura quest will see you facing Qabix. Here, you will find yourself suspended in a bubble of Void energy, which can be easily broken with any non explosive weapon. All you need to do to escape is shoot the bright spots abroad
Keep your wits about you though, as you’ll need to be ready to destroy a horde of Psions and Scorpius turrets to make Qabix vulnerable to attack. nova bombs (if you play as a warlock) combined with rocket launchers will deal a lot of damage to the boss, so make sure you have them in your loadout.
- In the control room there will be three Psion commanders suspended who you must kill to deal more damage to Qabix.
- This process needs to be repeated twice, and once you’ve finally defeated the boss, the the 10 minute timer will stop.
- From there, go to the top of the control room and cut Caiatl’s transmission and access the chest room located to the right of the control panel.
- Once you open the chest, you will receive the dead messenger exotic grenade launcher as a reward.
So, there you have it! That is everything you need to know about how to complete the Vox Obscura quest in Destiny 2.
For more Destiny content, be sure to follow some of our other guide content that covers more tips and guides: