Paradox Interactive and Double Eleven are joining on Tuesday Prison Architect: Gangs released the seventh expansion for the successful prison management simulator. gangs introduces the element of gang warfare. You must manage your prison by reforming gang members and monitoring your staff. Prison Architect: Gangs is available for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch for EUR 5.99 (RRP).
You enact rules that the inmates have to follow and help the gang members to develop into useful members of society, thus tying in with the idea of rehabilitation Second Chances on. As gangs form in the penitentiary, each group develops its own personality and reputation. As a result, inmates with certain personality traits are attracted to gangs with similar characteristics. You must also watch out for the “temperature” of their prison, which gets hotter and more dangerous the more active the gangs are.
In order to limit gang activities in your prison, you should implement methods of reforming and releasing inmates. There are programs like gang rehabilitation to slow the spread, and you invest in new spaces like tattoo removal facilities or regulated fight clubs to allow prisoners to act out their aggression. You have to keep an eye on employees, because corrupt guards could try to smuggle in contraband or accept bribes from gang leaders. Prison managers can filter out these black sheep during the hiring process and recruit investigators to identify corrupt guards.
Gas WrightGame Director of Prison Architect at Double Eleven, had the following to say about the new expansion:
Gangs presents prison guards with a variety of creative challenges to overcome. While it sounds complicated, the expansion keeps the game fresh and interesting for both new players and those who have had a lot of playthroughs. The rehabilitation options have been implemented to give wardens an authentic way to manage their prison population. Gangs extends the management gameplay of Prison Architect and adds rich new mechanics that offer players a richer and more enjoyable gaming experience.
Prison Architect: Gang’s Key Features:
- Meet the Gang: Gangs form and grow by absorbing or recruiting gang members. Each gang has their own personality and traits, and are naturally drawn to inmates with the same specific attributes.
- Boiling Point: The “temperature” of the inmates and the prison are measurable. As gangs grow and begin to flex their powers, the prison’s “danger temperature” rises. Thanks to the “Boiling Point” UI, you get a detailed overview of what influences the lives of its inmates. This allows you to act quickly, keep inmates happy, and prevent uncontrollable riots.
- Reform and Release: Gang members will be able to leave their gang. It is helpful here to remove the tattoos and involve them in a gang rehabilitation program.
- New Rooms: The tattoo removal room is for removing gang tattoos. In the martial arts room, gang members train and turn their destructive energy into fights in a controlled environment.
- Corrupt Guards: Gangs can force guards to smuggle goods or accept bribes. This can already be checked during the recruitment process (bureaucracy). Investigators can also be hired to find out which guards are on the wrong side.
The free update appears alongside the Gangs expansion kite for all players. This update brings further improvements to Prison Architect. Among other things, more wardens, guard dogs, room sizes and much more. Kite also introduces prison capacity options, allowing you to fill specific levels of the facility. The update also features various improvements to the menus and game mechanics.