In this guide we show you the best counters against Zapdos in Pokémon GO. We at MeinMMO have put together an overview of the strongest attackers and their respective movesets so that you can defeat the legendary Pokémon quickly.
What kind of Pokemon is Zapdos? Zapdos is a Legendary Pokémon from Generation 1, which belongs to the Electric and Flying types. It has no prior or further developments.
In order to defeat Zapdos as quickly as possible in the raid, we have summarized the 20 best counters and their movesets below.
Defeat Zapdos in Raid – Use this counter
- Crypto Mamutel with powder snow and avalanche
- Crypto tyrant with catapult and stone edge
- rhyperior with catapult and rock launcher
- Mega Aerodactyl with stone throwing and stone hail
- Rameidon with catapult and stone hail
- Crypto Mewtwo with confusion and ice beam
- terracotta with catapult and stone hail
- mamuttel with powder snow and avalanche
- Crypto Snibunna with Ice Shards and Avalanche
- Galar-Flampivian with ice tooth and avalanche
- Mega Rexblisar with powder snow and meteorologist
- glaciola with Iron Dem and Avalanche
- Crypto Aerodactyl with stone throwing and stone hail
- despotary with catapult and stone edge
- Snibunna with Ice Shards and Avalanche
- Crypto-Keifel with Ice Shards and Avalanche
- Landorus (incarnation form) with stone throwing and stone hail
- Crypto Porygon Z with Target Shot and Blizzard
- mewtwo with Psycho Blade and Ice Beam
Weaknesses of Zapdos: Since Zapdos is an Electric and Flying-type Pokémon, it is weak to Rock- and Ice-type attacks in battle. You should therefore also use these in the raid.
Are there Shiny Zapdos? Yes, with a bit of luck you can also encounter a dazzling Zapdos. But you have to look closely, because you can see it especially on the darker feet.
How many trainers do you need? To defeat Zapdos, 3 trainers with the best counterattacks and a high trainer level are enough. However, we recommend that you take one or two more players with you.