In WoW: Dragonflight, the profession of alchemist will be massively revised and given a lot of new recipes. Among other things, a whole series of vials that will replace the previous bottles with their effects.
While the WoW developers have always shown a certain creativity when it comes to potions and have brought a whole range of pots with various effects into play over the years, they have always remained very conservative when it comes to flasks. For many years the formula has been the same: “Increases value X by Y. Lasts an hour and beyond death.” In the past you had to make a decision, now the primary value is simply increased. The only exception is that there are still bottles that increase endurance.
With WoW: Dragonflight it’s over. Because soon there will be no more bottles – at least no new ones. Instead, the developers implement a whole series of vials. These are the spiritual successors of the Flasks. They last for 30 minutes and persist through death. If you throw a second one after them, they last a full hour. They are available with various different effects – only the simple +X values no longer exist.
WoW’s new vials (buy now ): Dragon Flight
- Vial of Elemental Chaos – Fills you with the power of the elements and periodically grants you elemental boons. Each boon increases a secondary stat by 227 and grants a bonus effect. Lasts 30 minutes and beyond death.
- Vial of Still Air – After performing non-healing actions for 5 seconds, your next heal is increased by X. Lasts 30 minutes and beyond death.
- Vial of the Eye in the Storm – Your primary stat is increased by X for each enemy that attacks you and can be stacked up to 5 times. Lasts 30 minutes and beyond death.
- Swift Hands Airy Vial – Increases your crafting speed by X. Lasts 30 minutes and beyond death.
- Charged Vial of Fervor – Increases your speed by X. Lasts 30 minutes and beyond death.
- Vial of Moderate Versatility – Increases your Versatility by X. Lasts 30 minutes and beyond death.
- Vial of Charged Isolation – Increases your Intellect by X while you are at least 10 meters away from allies. Lasts 30 minutes and beyond death.
- Vial of Static Empowerment – You gain up to X Intelligence over five seconds. Once you move, the effect is removed and you gain X movement speed for 5 seconds. Lasts 30 minutes and beyond death.
- Steaming Vial of Finesse – Increases your finesse by X. Lasts 30 minutes and beyond death.
- Crystalline Vial of Perception – Increases your Perception by X. Lasts 30 minutes and beyond death.
- Vial of Icy Rage – Each time you attack a new enemy, you gain a stack of Icy Wrath for 15 seconds. Dealing damage has a chance to deal X Forest damage to nearby enemies. Damage is increased by 15 percent per stack of Icy Wrath. Lasts 30 minutes and beyond death.
Apart from the usual vials, there are also those that are declared as “Toxic”. These have a strong positive effect, but also a negative effect that should not be neglected. So far, however, only two of these vials have been implemented.
- Icy Vial of Corrupting Fury (Toxic) – Grants you Corrupting Rage, increasing your critical strike rating by X. After taking 100% of your health as damage, you briefly switch to Overwhelming Rage, dealing 100% of your health as Nature damage over 30 seconds. Lasts 30 minutes and beyond death.
- Vial of Icy Conservation (Toxic) – Damage taken is reduced by X percent when your health is above 50 percent, but increased by 6 percent when your health is below 50%. Lasts 30 minutes and beyond death.
What do you think of the new alchemy philosophy? Do you like the somewhat new concept with rather broad effects or is it too complicated for you and you would rather have the very classic bottles as we have known them for many years? Feel free to tell us your opinion in the comments.