With each week, the content of the weekly box goes into a new round. This box, which can be bought by Pokémon Go trainers for one Pokécoin, previously offered valuable consumables such as Remote Raid Passes or – after the end of the Remote Raid Pass offer – incubators. The contents of the weekly box in the last week of July 2022 appear to be a joke – or attempted troll – by comparison.
You already know it by now: We have made it our business to document. Namely, the slow – or rather very, very fast – decline of the contents of the Weekly 1 Pokecoin Box. A quick recap: At the end of May, the folks at Pokémon Go decided to take the Remote Raid Pass out of the box and pack in other goodies in its place. The goal behind this is to get players out more to turn Pokémon Couch back into Pokémon Go after the pandemic.
The Rumor: Get rid of the weekly box
The assumption in the Pokémon Go community is that the developers want to abolish the weekly box, but without provoking an uproar in the fan base of the virtual pocket monster hunt. Stupidly, however, the folks at Niantic provoke such a commotion with each additional weekly box disappointment. They could at least clearly communicate their intentions, if they have one.
The Reality: The Contents of the Weekly Box
In the last week of July 2022, the weekly box content downgrade comes to a new highlight: there is a smoke. Apart from the fact that the item is now not comparable in value to other, previous items, one or the other trainer will certainly wonder whether this should be a troll attempt after the smoke has been weakened.
Here’s a quick “historical” look at what’s in the 1-Pokécoin box since May 2022.
- Fourth week of May: 3 x Super Incubator
- Fifth week of May: Poké Ball x20, Super Ball x10, Pinap Berry x5, Gnarl x3
- First week of June: 15 x Poké Ball, 15 x Super Ball, 10 x Hyper Ball, 2 x Premium Battle Pass
- Second week of June: 15 x Poké Ball, 15 x Super Ball, 10 x Hyper Ball, 2 x Premium Battle Pass
- Third week of June: Raspberry Raspberry x20, Nanab Berry x10, Pinap Berry x10, Gnarl x2
- Fourth week of June: Hyper Ball x10, Hyper Potion x5, Charged TM x1
- First week of July: 1 x Instant TM, 1 x Knursp
- Second week of July: 1 x Magnetic Lure Module 1 x Smoke
- Third week of July: 1 x Rain Lure Module
- Fourth week of July: 1 x smoke