A few hours ago, a new build landed on the WoW: Wrath of the Lich King Classic beta servers. In addition to important hotfixes, there were also a few surprises.
The Blizzard developers put a new build live last night on August 4, 2022 for the WoW: Wrath of the Lich King Classic beta. On the one hand, this provided important fine-tuning and eradicated numerous bugs. On the other hand, there were also some innovations that we had not expected:
- Under “Interface” you will find the new “Features” tab, where you can not only activate the equipment manager from WotLK Classic, but also the talent change preview, which was freshly implemented for the beta. This allows you to double-check (and correct) your chosen talents in the talent window before finally confirming your entries.
- Quests that complete Northrend stories now reward Emblems of Heroism or additional items. You can find out more details about this in this article.
- From the Archmages in Dalaran, beta testers can now accept the daily and weekly quests for Battlegrounds, Raids, Dungeons, and PvP. Note: Aside from the dungeon daily, we have not yet been able to accept a raid week from Archmage Lan’dalock. At that time, the weekly tasks for raid instances were only introduced with patch 3.3.
- A new feature has been introduced that promises you random battlefield rewards for daily victories. The current rewards should not correspond to the final ones.
- Raid boss Onyxia has been reset to level 60.
But more raid tests
Surprise: There will be more raid tests after all, to test the implemented bug fixes (via official WoW forum). It starts today, August 4th, 2022. It is unclear how long Naxxramas and Co. will be available.
Blizzard also announced (via official WoW forum) that the current arena test season will only run until August 9th, 2022. Until then, all matchmaking restrictions have been relaxed so that testers don’t have to wait so long for the next game.
WoW: Beta Build for WotLK Classic as of August 04, 2022
- Talent Preview Mode is now active. It can be turned on in the Game Menu → Interface → Features menu.
- The Eye of Acherus, Mind Control, and similar possession interactions now use the proper action bar.
- Northrend story capper quests now have items/Emblems of Heroism to reward players for completing storylines in each zone.
- This build includes functionality for Battleground, PvP, Raid, and Dungeon weekly/daily quests, available from Archmage NPCs in Dalaran.
- This build includes functionality for random Battleground rewards with daily wins. Please note: these are not final reward values.
- Level 60 Onyxia should be available once again.
- Alterac Valley NPCs should now be the correct levels for all brackets. Also resolved some issues where Drek’thar and Vanndar could sometimes fail to spawn.
- Gathering profession nodes should no longer be able to fail.
- Spell and melee haste ratings are now providing the full intended benefits.
- Items with Mana Regeneration now correctly applying the proper amount of regen as intended.
- The tank icon on the LFG tool is no longer distorted.
- The LFG tool now has options to list world PvP activities.
- Fixed an issue preventing all dungeon portals from being accessed in Eastern Kingdoms.
- Fixed a LUA error when attempting to copy a character to the Beta realms.
- Players should no longer need an additional 1% Hit above the intended 8% to hit-cap against Raid-level enemies.
- Creatures now begin landing crushing blows at 4 levels above the player level of their target, rather than 3, as intended.
- Shadowmeld now properly drops combat.
- Raise Ally now works properly.
- Ammo is no longer consumed when using Arcane Shot and Explosive Shot while Lock and Load is active.
- Spore Cloud from Sporebats no longer stacks with other armor debuffing abilities like Faerie Fire.
- Volley now correctly ticks a full 6 times when used near maximum range, as intended.
- Paladins can no longer incorrectly cast certain abilities while Forbearance is active.
- Sacred Cleansing gives the proper spell resistance bonus.
- Characters are no longer knocked out of stealth when healed by Healing Stream Totem
- Demon Armor and Fel Armor will no longer provide extra bonuses from the talent, Demonic Aegis, when the player changes specializations or activates dual specialization.
- Summoning a Felguard will no longer generate an error message.
- Taste for Blood will now properly allow the usage of Overpower.
- Critical Block correctly gives the chance to critically block.
- Dungeons and Raids
- In the Culling of Stratholme, it is no longer possible to kill Mal’Ganis at the start of the instance, which would prevent players from completing the dungeon.
- Fixed an issue where the doors to the Four Horsemen encounter would sometimes not open after a group wipes.
- Extra enemies should no longer attack alongside Instructor Razuvious when engaging him in combat.
- Fixed an issue with Heigan The Unclean where his slime waves would not properly spawn during the dance.
- Sapphiron’s Frost Aura should no longer affect players in Iceblock.
- Engineering Enchants now properly override one another.
- Glyphs can now be linked inside of chat channels.