The WoW developers have published the official patch notes for the upcoming patch 9.2.7. In addition, they have provided an important notice to the community regarding listed auctions in line with the planned changes to the auction house.
When patch 9.2.7 for WoW Shadowlands is released in a few days, on August 17, 2022 to be precise, there are various adjustments to the auction house in Blizzard’s online role-playing game to try out. We explained exactly what is changing in a separate article. The developers themselves have now published the official patch notes for the update, which we have listed again below.
However, before patch 9.2.7 is released, there is one more important detail to note: All auctions that are still listed at the beginning of the maintenance work before the update is released will be canceled and the respective items will be sent back to their original owners by post . The developers also write in a blue post that a message should be displayed in the auction house 48 hours before the maintenance work begins, informing players of this measure. So keep that in mind if you plan to post auctions in the coming days.
WoW Patch 9.2.7 – Official Patch Notes
Below you can read the official English patch notes. As soon as Blizzard has published the German patch notes, we will update this message. Hotfixes are updates made server-side without downloading new data. Some of the changes listed below will take effect as soon as Blizzard implements them, while others will only take effect after an announced realm restart. Please note that some issues cannot be fixed without a client-side patch.
AUCTION HOUSE UPDATE: REGION-WIDE COMMODITIES
- Auction Houses across all realms on a given region will now share commodity listings (gems, herbs, flasks, consumables, etc.). Items that aren’t commodities-like armor and weapons-will continue to be realm-specific.
THE AUCTION HOUSE JOINS THE WOW COMPANION APP
- Players can now do the following from the WoW (buy now ) companion app:
- Browse and view current auctions
- Bid and buyout auctions
- Search for auctions
- Add and remove items from your Favorites list
- View and cancel your listed auctions
- Developers’ note: We are very pleased to be able to bring the Auction House back as a part of the WoW Companion App. The new app update provides a way for players to make purchases, view listings, and more. Due to our desire to provide an Auction House experience in a more immediate timeframe we have excluded listing items for sale. While we understand selling items is a much-loved part of the past feature from the previous Remote Auction House, we wanted to provide access to many of the features regularly used by players as quickly as we could with an eye on potential additions to the app in the future. We intend to make improvements as we evaluate player usage, risk, and the developmental load in implementing tech frameworks to support future updates. Learn more about this update on our latest post.
USER INTERFACE AND ACCESSIBILITY
- A new chat channel for searching or advertisement of services like raiding, dungeons, or PvP activities has been added: Trade (Services).
- Developers’ note: The trade channel that’s been in the game for 18 years will continue to exist, but we wanted to add a new channel to direct messages about the request and advertisement of services like raiding, dungeons, or PvP activities. If you’re looking to buy or sell these kind of services, this is the channel for you! If you’re not interested in those, you can leave the channel and avoid the noise, or move it into its own chat tab. We believe that with this new distinction, you’ll be able to keep Trade chat for the traditional buying and selling of items and professions, and not other chatter.