The new Stellaris Species Pack is available starting September 20th and there’s nothing to lose with the Toxoids Species Pack.
Paradox Interactive announces today that toxoidsa new species pack for the sci-fi strategy game Stellariscoming to PC platforms on September 20, 2022, and later to consoles.
Toxoids gives players the opportunity to gamble the future of their planets for instant gains and make the harsh sacrifices necessary to survive in a hostile galaxy. With new origins and civics, as well as a plethora of cosmetic customization, the Stellaris Galaxy offers plenty of new content for players to delve into.
The announcement trailer is here:
With the new Toxoids Species Pack, which comes with visual and mechanical additions to the already myriad worlds of Stellaris, players will assert their claim to power with the most resilient and tenacious species in the history of the game. Toxoid empires can grow faster and adapt better than most creatures, but tend to make life uncomfortably difficult for their neighbors – and often for themselves as well.
The contents of the Toxoids Species Pack in detail:
- New Origins:
- The Knights of the Poison God: In the depths of the homeworld, rumors circulate of a true power buried beneath the poisonous sludge. Can the mysteries of this past be uncovered, potentially unleashed upon the galaxy?
- Overmodified: The candle that burns the brightest is burned into the memory of the galaxy! In this species, players gain more and more attributes at the cost of their own lifespan and live in the here and now without worrying about the next day!
- New civics:
- Toxic Baths: Population can grow rapidly with a fresh infusion of mutagenic sludge – as long as players are willing to pay the cost to the planet and people.
- Scraper: The junk of the Empire is the Treasure of the Empire! You can’t be too proud to use debris and destruction for your own fast building projects.
- Relentless Industrialists: If you want to keep up with demand, you have to learn to ignore all the petty regulations and negative opinions. The surviving population will be grateful for any resources.
- New properties:
- Incubator: Rapid repopulation of the empty planet makes sense, but these growth facilities can also fill up really fast!
- Inorganic Breath: Your people are a source of valuable Exotic Gases! It’s a shame that respirators are so expensive.
- Venomous: Other species cannot bear to be in close proximity to the species and it seems their very existence makes the planet a terrible place to live. As a result, other empires have a hard time fighting or subjugating them, and it’s hilarious to see the expressions on their faces while they’re in a room at a time.
- Exotic Metabolism: Everything is consumed while other species would call in the Hazmat team. You’ll eat faster, live longer, and enjoy a terrifying rainbow of flavors!
- New cosmetic options: Portraits of the species, ship models and cityscapes only a mother could love.
- New advisors: The empire is expanding from an unrelenting source of harmful sarcasm!