ArcheAge is a 2014 MMORPG that has great potential and many problems. ArcheAge 2 is set to be released in 2024.
In 2014, ArcheAge was considered a great hope among MMORPG fans. It offered numerous features that other MMORPGs didn’t have and showed great potential. It is developed by the Korean studio XLGames, publisher was first Gamigo and now it’s Kakao Games.
ArcheAge Unchained followed in 2019. It is a version of ArcheAge with fewer Pay2Win aspects. However, you had to buy this version once while the Pay2Win version is free. When publishers suddenly switched to a subscription model, many players were angry.
Despite great features, the game slowly went down the drain
ArcheAge is a sandbox MMORPG with lots of freedom and plenty of character development opportunities. You can choose three out of 13 different specializations and create your own build from hundreds of possible classes.
The focus of the game is mainly on the player-driven economy, housing and fighting in the open world. The latter can even be held on the high seas with your own ships.
ArcheAge has great potential to be a good MMORPG. But fewer and fewer people play it due to many problems:
- Numerous bugs. They had to take an entire dungeon out of the game.
- Pay2Win, which is so dominant that you can hardly stand the game for free.
- Publishers did not respond to player criticism.
- There are fresh servers every few months that don’t do anything better than their predecessors.
Since it could be a great MMORPG without these problems, many fans hope that ArcheAge 2 will be better.
A new MMORPG is reminiscent of ArcheAge with playful graphics:
ArcheAge 2 – The Hope?
A few days ago, Kakao Games finally took over the role of publisher of ArcheAge 2. They were previously responsible for Black Desert Online, but lost the rights. Elyon also belongs to Kakao Games, but will be permanently offline at the end of the year.
The developer XLGames confirmed the publishing deal. According to them, over 100 developers are currently working on ArcheAge 2.
Here’s what we know about ArcheAge 2 so far:
- It’s supposed to be an AAA MMORPG, the developers are using Unreal Engine 5
- Kakao Games supports not only as a publisher, but also in development
- It is based on an open game world
- There should be new playable races that the predecessor did not offer
- There should be housing, vehicles and sea battles
- ArcheAge 2 is being developed as a cross-platform game with a focus on the PC.
- It was originally supposed to be released in 2022.
When is the release? We now know for sure that ArcheAge 2 will appear. Unfortunately, that won’t happen before 2024, the developers confirm. It might even take longer.
What do you think – can ArcheAge 2 improve on the mistakes of its predecessor and unleash the full potential of the MMORPG? What do you think about Kakao Games as a publisher? Have you played the MMORPG and are you already looking forward to the sequel, even if it still takes a while? Write it to us in the comments here on MeinMMO!
1 year after release, the MMORPG New World has not had as many players for months – why?