Single developer impresses with shooter from a bodycam perspective – “It looks insanely real”
A video of a shooter created by a single developer is currently making waves on reddit and Twitter. Many users are impressed by the realistic look of the game.
What kind of game is this? The game, the video of which is currently receiving a lot of attention on social networks, is a shooter. This puts you in the perspective of a bodycam, i.e. a camera attached to the body, as used by the US police, for example.
The shooter is developed by Alexandre ‘esankiy’ Spindler on the Unreal Engine 5 and convinces the internet with an incredibly realistic look.
If you want to take a look at the gameplay of the shooter, we embed the video shared by the developer on reddit here:
Hardcore shooter on Steam relies on uncompromising realism – breaks player record after 7 years
Video already has several million views after one day
How many times has the video been viewed? The video of the bodycam game provoked numerous reactions. The video was posted on Twitter on October 12 and had been viewed 3.5 million times by October 13.
It also collected 150,000 likes, 3,000 comments and over 18,600 retweets (as of October 13, 2:05 p.m.). Another 4,100 upvotes and 450 comments were added to reddit.
“I thought I somehow opened a combat footage video”
What are the reactions to the video? Many commentators on reddit are impressed by the shooter and emphasize how real the game looks:
Some even added that they double-checked which subreddit they are on. Some were unsure if they were still in a gaming space or accidentally in an airsoft group or combat footage subreddit.
- i_can_hear_the_world: “That looks so real, wow.”
- SkaveRat: Yes. I thought I kinda opened a combat footage video”
- WhatIsNameAnyways: “I had to double check where I saw this post because the realism made me think I was watching a game development video!”
- Firesrest: “That looks incredibly realistic.”
- Gojira_Wins: “Funnily enough, I follow the Airsoft subreddit, so I had to do a double-take to make sure this was actually a game.”
One reddit user even has an explanation as to why the game feels realistic despite not saying the graphics are all that exceptional:
- Local_Surround8686: “To be honest the graphics are no better than, say, ‘even runs’ on the PS4. The difference is that it has a perspective from which we normally perceive reality, so our brain is tricked into thinking it is reality. Or more specifically, it’s tricked into thinking games look less real because we’re not used to regular gaming cams in reality.”
Hell Let Loose was considered the “anti-battlefield” for the Steam release – how is the WW2 shooter 2022 doing?
Developer wants to make the shooter look even more realistic
What does the developer say about the reactions? on Twitter thanked Spindler for the interest in his game. More interesting, however, is his reaction on reddit. Since some users wrote that they had to look multiple times to see it was a game, he asked a question for those people.
Spindler wanted to know what moments and details made them realize it was a game when they took a second look. He also adds that he wants to keep improving the game at these points (via reddit).
How did users know it’s a game? on reddit some users write that they recognized from the muzzle flash and the recoil of the weapon that it was a game.
What do you say about the video? Do you also think that the shooter looks incredibly realistic or did you immediately recognize that it’s a game? Write it to us here on MeinMMO in the comments!
A game that many also like for its realistic approach is Escape from Tarkov. We show you what distinguishes the shooter and which games have a similarity.
5 games on Steam you should play if you like Escape from Tarkov