Samsung has presented the major innovations in Android 13 and its own One UI 5. The manufacturer has also revealed when the new OS will be available for Samsung Galaxy users.
The world’s largest smartphone manufacturer Samsung has now launched an update initiative to catch up with Apple. Meanwhile, all smartphones from the manufacturer receive three new Android versions as updates. In addition, all monthly security updates are available for four years from the start of sales of the respective model. Google has been ready with Android 13 since September, but many device manufacturers have not yet distributed the new OS. well has Samsung reveal the biggest innovations and announced when the rollout will start.
Android 13 turns you into Apple iOS 16
With Android 13, Google’s Material-You design language has found its way into large parts of the operating system, so that you can use your own favorite color in many places. The notifications have also been redesigned. This includes not only a new design, but also the ability to configure routines. For example, you can set all notifications to be automatically muted during the weekly workout.
Similar to Apple’s iOS 16, Android 13 and One UI also offer the option of stacking widgets on the lock screen. In addition, the lock screen can now be designed more individually. One UI 5 can copy text directly from images using OCR recognition. In a new security and privacy dashboard from Samsung, it is possible to check how secure the current device is and which settings the user should check again.
Also new is a menu called connected devices. This menu contains all the links to quickly share content with other devices or connect the Galaxy smartphone to other devices wirelessly. For example, there are options for users of the Galaxy Buds earphones, settings for linking to Windows and Android Auto, Galaxy Wearables and Co. By the end of the year, One UI 5 based on Android 13 will be available to all users of a Samsung Galaxy S22, Galaxy S21, Galaxy Z Fold 4 and 3, and Galaxy Z Flip 4 and 3. The first users should receive the free update in October. However, owners of a Galaxy S20 or other Samsung smartphones from 2020 will not receive the update until next year.
Also worth reading: Android 13: Latest Android version available for Google smartphones
Collection of features of One UI 5 and Android 13:
- Samsung has presented the biggest innovations in Android 13 and revealed when the new operating system will come to smartphones.
- Similar to Apple’s iOS 16, Android 13 and One UI also offer the option of stacking widgets on the lock screen and making the lock screen more individual.
- As a further innovation, routines for notifications can be stored. For example, notifications are automatically muted when the weekly workout is due.
- In the new Samsung menu Connected devices you will find all the links to quickly share content with other devices or connect the Galaxy smartphone to other devices wirelessly.
- Samsung will start rolling out the One 5, including Android 13, in October. All users of the Samsung Galaxy S22, Galaxy S21, Galaxy Z Fold 4 and 3, and Galaxy Z Flip 4 and 3 devices should have received the update by the end of the year. Other Samsung devices will follow next year.