DualSense spontaneously catches fire and owner shows pictures

That today's consoles and electronic devices demand a large amount of electrical energy, it is not a secret to anyone.  And it is that same energy that causes those same devices to short circuit and catch fire.  This happened to a player who owns a PS5 who claims his DualSense control spontaneously caught fire.

That today’s consoles and electronic devices demand a large amount of electrical energy, it is not a secret to anyone. And it is that same energy that causes those same devices to short circuit and catch fire. This happened to a player who owns a PS5 who claims his DualSense control spontaneously caught fire.

The news was disclosed in a Reddit thread by user havla1312, who showed images of how his command turned out. You can see that the burning part of the DualSense was the charging port, and it seems that it happened while he was charging the controller.

Many users commented on it, motivating him to claim his guarantee, but the owner claims that the guarantee has expired. This thing that devices catch fire is not something normal and in the past there were cases of fire but from the consoles themselves. The reasons are due to overheating, component failure or poor connections.

The DualSense have a lithium battery, the same ones used by mobile phones and also suffer from catching fire while charging. It is unclear if the fire was caused by a poor connection or faulty components.

Reference-gamersrd.com

See also  The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes Review