On November 2nd, the so-called Fresh Start will take place in New World. Servers are opened that can only be entered by completely new characters. Basically, players experience a second release. We at MeinMMO tell you everything about the time, names and special features of the servers.
When does the Fresh Start take place? The new servers will start at different times on November 2nd. Four servers will be opened for Europe, each of which will appear one hour later:
- Artemis starts at 5:00 p.m
- Gwalchmai starts at 6:00 p.m
- Apepa starts at 7:00 p.m
- Cleopatra starts at 8:00 p.m
Servers in North America and partly in South America and Australia will also start at the same time. You can see the complete list in this graphic:
Old characters cannot enter the new servers for the time being
What makes the Fresh Start so special? New World faced a number of issues at launch, including gold dupes and other economic exploits. Some players were so bothered by it that they quit the MMORPG because of it.
The “Fresh Start” servers, however, start from scratch. Everyone starts fresh, no one benefits from exploits, and it kind of feels like a second release. A transfer between the new worlds is not possible for the time being.
However, the developers revealed that at some point in the future the servers will also be opened for transfer so that friends from old and new servers can play together. However, the new servers should never be merged with old ones, not even in the future.
Can I also participate as a veteran? Yes, even veterans can create a new character and start over on the servers with that character. In line with this, every account will get a third character slot on November 2nd.
What else should I know?
- The number of simultaneous players on the new servers will be identical to the old ones – around 2,500.
- The new worlds will not get a language tag in Europe.
- The worlds start directly with all innovations, but without a Halloween event.
Also included is the new greatsword, which is presented to you in the video:
Level phase, quests and travel costs have been revised
Is rejoining New World worth it? Yes, if you liked anything about the release version of New World. Because the basic game systems are still there, albeit with many adjustments, including:
- All weapons are available right from the start.
- The leveling phase up to level 25 has been completely reworked, including adjusted quests, shorter travel routes and more.
- The required experience points from level 35 to 55 have been significantly reduced.
- Fast travel in general is now cheaper, inventory weight is not charged extra and there are more fast travel points.
- You run faster on roads, you can use the inventory while running and the camps in all cities now count across the board.
- The combat system has become more dynamic and new weapons have been added.
You can find out more about the current status of New World here: New World reaches the highest number of players on Steam since February – is it finally worth it?