Razer has announced the Wolverine V2 Pro, a new pro controller for PlayStation 5 and PC.
According to Razer, this is specifically designed for competitive gaming with low latency, but at a price of 299.99 euros it is not exactly cheap.
What does the Wolverine V2 offer?
Using Razer’s HyperSpeed wireless technology, the Wolverine V2 operates wirelessly and utilizes “Mecha-Tactile Action Buttons” with an actuation travel of 0.65mm. There is also an 8-way Micro Switch D-Pad.
The HyperTrigger on the back is described as “perfect for racing and FPS enthusiasts”. You can switch between long key travel for acceleration and fast clicks for shooters.
You also have six programmable buttons, which you’ll need to use the Razer Controller app on iOS or Android for, though, and interchangeable analog sticks.
Here is an overview of all the technical details:
- Razer Mecha-Tactile Action Buttons
- 8-Way Micro Switch D-Pad
- 6 programmable multifunction keys
- Razer HyperTrigger
- 3.5mm analog audio jack compatible with PS5 consoles and PC (Windows)
- 2 additional analog stick attachments (high concave, short convex)
- Razer HyperSpeed Wireless 2.4GHz USB Type-A Dongle
- 3m USB Type C to USB Type A cable
- Approximate size: 105.75mm (length) x 167.5mm (width) x 65.2mm (height)
- Approximate weight: 279g
The controller does not support vibration functions. The reason for this is as follows: “The Razer Wolverine V2 Pro is primarily a controller for tournament players. Vibration is not a feature that is used by default in tournaments because it can negatively affect precision when it comes to games, that require particularly precise input.”
You can buy the Wolverine V2 Pro from now on Razer website.