In our Warhammer: Vermintide 2 class guide, we share tips and tricks on how to play Bard Goreksson, Kerillian, Victor Saltzbrand, Markus Kruber, and Sienna Fuegonasus.
Update from November 10, 2022: We have added all available premium character classes with short tips. After 2 strong promotions, in which Vermintide 2 was cheaper or even free, the game has become a top trend on Steam.
Vermintide is a tough game that you can sink into for hundreds of hours with increasing difficulty. It doesn’t matter whether you’re at the lowest level digging through the beginner levels or are on your way as a champion: you have to be able to play and learn your class properly.
Over 100,000 players are now playing the action game, more than ever before. Here you will find information about all playable characters and their specializations with short tips on how to play them correctly.
MeinMMO editor Benedict Grothaus has spent over 120 hours in Vermintide 2 alone, although he probably doesn’t like the game at all. Check out the trailer for Vermintide 2 with gameplay here:
Vermintide 2 Class Guide: Bard Goreksson
Bardin is the dwarf of the group. He drinks and stinks, and is always at odds with the elf Kerillian over who kills more rats and northerners (quote: “Whatever the elf kills, I’ll kill some more!”).
Level 1 – Ranger Veteran
Specializing in ranged combat and subterfuge, Bardin uses his ranger skills to aid his party.
- If you use your retreat ability, you’ll disappear in a smoke bomb. You are usually no longer attacked by enemies and can revive or heal allies in peace.
- Elite enemies lose ammo on death. The amount depends on the selected weapon. Use the ammo to be even more effective with your increased ammo capacity and faster reload rate.
- The Veteran Ranger is a supporter of the group and is best played as a long-range fire cover. A focus on improved healing and revival is recommended.
Level 7 – Ironbreaker
Armed with heavy armor and a shield, Bardin is trained as an Ironbreaker to defy massive crowds of enemies in deep cave systems.
- You can completely ignore attacks with your passive ability. With the right timing, you can block even strong attacks from bosses for the group.
- Use your Impenetrable ability when you’re trapped and your team needs help. For the next few seconds, all human-sized units will focus on you, leaving your group free to take them down.
- Only the Ironbreaker can use flamethrowers. With them you can keep many enemies at bay or kill them. But be careful, if you overheat you will die immediately!
- Make sure that nothing happens to your group and always stand at the front. But don’t run too far forward and think about attacks from behind.
Level 12 – Slayers
Wielding two axes, the dwarf goes berserk and slaughters his way through enemies. He swore he would only fall in a fight with an overwhelming opponent.
- The only class that does not carry a ranged weapon. Plan your two melee weapons accordingly.
- your Leap ability is available very often. Use them frequently to reposition, break free, dodge attacks, and increase your attack speed in battle.
- The Slayer is a melee fighter, but not very durable. Remember to have a tank in the group that you can coordinate with.
Premium Class: Outcast Engineer
To play the Outcast Technician, you need the paid one Outcast Engineer DLC. Unlike the other classes of bard, the technician relies on the use of his homemade weapons, most notably his deadly gatling cannon.
- You should maximize the use of your Steam Powered Crank Weapon. Use it whenever possible to quickly reset the one-minute cooldown. Elixirs don’t help you here like other classes do.
- As a technician, you have access to more powerful bombs and the ability to carry more of them. Coordinate with the team so you’re more likely to get the grenades pushed to get the maximum out of it.
- You should always choose the talent “Improved Might” at level 15. It increases the efficiency of all your firearms that you rely on as a technician.
- You increase the ranged combat of all nearby allies. The technician is therefore ideal in combination with, for example, the highwaywoman (Kerillian) and the bounty hunter (Saltzbrand).
On page 2 we continue with our class guide. It’s the turn of the elven ranger Kerillian.