WoW: Class Changes – Adjustment for AoE cap and buffs for Deceivers
During the WoW: Dragonflight pre-patches, class changes will be made again. In addition to buffs and nerfs for the damage numbers of abilities, the developers are trying to balance the area attacks of the classes in such a way that they cause the appropriate damage from five or more opponents.
In the official WoW forum, Community Manager has Kaivax the upcoming class changes for WoW. Dragon flight published, which will become active next Wednesday (11/23/22). There are some buffs and nerfs for hunters, druids, magicians, rogues, warlocks and warriors, among others. The update also adjusts skills that hit multiple targets and the so-called AoE soft caps.
Since Shadowlands, area-of-effect attacks no longer hit all targets for full damage, but deal their damage to a limited number of enemies. Additional enemies hit by this attack take significantly less damage from the AoE ability.
WoW: Dragonflight Class Tuning 22/23 November 2022
- All damage increased by 10%.
- All damage increased by 5%.
Resonating fists now deals less damage for five targets or more.
- mind explosion now deals less damage for five targets or more.
- psychic connection now causes Mind Blast, Mind Flay, and Mind Spike to distribute 30/60% of their damage to Vampiric Touch targets within 40 yards (up from 15/30%).
- Damage of all abilities increased by 5%.
- Ominous Affliction now increases the damage of your active Unstable Affliction by 8/13% additional damage (from 5/10%) and up to 24/39% damage (from 15/30%).
- Dreadtouch now causes your target to take 30% more damage from your DoTs for 6 seconds (up from 20%).
- damage from Doom Blossom increased by 15%.
- Odyn’s Wrath now deals reduced damage from eight targets upwards.
With the update, some classes will lose their potential for maximum splash damage. However, it rarely happens that you have to give the full broadside to more than eight targets anyway. Are you currently satisfied with the changes for your class or did you hope for more? Write to us in the comments.
Source | us.forums.blizzard.com