It’s all happening in Pokémon Go, because the mega raids will soon be dominated by the developments of the Hoenn starters – more precisely: for the Mega Raid Day: Hoenn on December 3, 2022. In the guide there are the details. You can look forward to Mega Gewaldro, Mega Blahjack, and Mega Sumpex! Like the mega evolutions of the Kanto starters Bisaflor, Charizard, and Turtok, the Hoenn megas will also grow into powerful counters in raids.
Do you already have strong starter developments? Perfect, then all you have to do is get the mega energy! If you don’t already have Gewaldro, Blahgock or Sumpex, don’t despair. The starters of all generations get appearance boosts from time to time during events or they drop by the Community Day Classic. Or… just dare to take on Mega Sumpex in the Mega Raids – we have the best counters for Mega Sumpex further down in our guide!
Mega Sumpex as a raid boss
Mega Sumpex is dual-type water and ground. So it only has one weakness, but one extreme weakness, namely the Grass type. If you fight Sumpex while the sun is shining or the sky is clear, the attacks will be additionally strengthened. So gather your best plant attackers and challenge the Mega Pokémon!
Sumpex faces you with 43,153 CP and, as known from mega raids, is not to be taken lightly. Only the best of the best can compete with Sumpex all alone, i.e. as a solo trainer. So level 50 trainer with the absolutely perfect counters. In other words, it’s best to find a few trainers to fight Mega Sumpex with. Below is a list of the best counters against Mega Sumpex.
- Katagami with razor blade and leaf blade
- Crypto Tango Loss with tendril and leaf scourge
- Mega Venusaur with Vine Chop and Flora Statue
- Shaymin (Zenith) with reserve power and Strauchler
- Zarude with tendril and leaf scourge
- Crypto torture terrar with razor blade and Flora statue
- Crypto Bisaflor with Vine Chop and Flora Statue
- Roserade with razor blade and shrub
- Tango Loss with tendril and leaf scourge
- Crypto Sarzenia with razor blade and leaf blade
- Crypto Tengulist with razor blade and leaf blade
- celebi with magic leaf and leaf storm
- torture terrarar with razor blade and Flora statue
- Venusaur with Vine Chop and Flora Statue
- folipurba with razor blade and leaf blade
Pokemon Go: Catch Sumpex
Once you’ve defeated Mega Sumpex, the Pokémon loses its Mega Energy and reverts to a regular Sumpex. So you’re catching Sumpex, not Mega Sumpex! At level 20, the Pokémon has 1699 CP at 100% IV. If the Pokémon is boosted to level 25 under sun or clear skies, the Pokémon will have 2124 CP at perfect 100% IV values. We wish you a successful hunt!