In Pokémon Go, trainers can sing “Oh Tannenbaum” because Mega Gewaldro sticks with it Event Mega Raid Day: Hoenn on December 3, 2022 Entry into the mega raids. What’s so special about Mega Gewaldro? Perhaps its much more aggressive form? Maybe the new type combination of plants and dragons instead of just plants? Anyway, Mega Gewaldro could grow into a damn good counter!
Whatever the case, you should definitely put the Pokémon and its Mega Energy on your list! You can find out how to defeat Mega-Gewaldro in Pokémon Go below from our counter-recommendation. Danger: If you fight and defeat Mega Sceptile during the Mega Raid Day: Off to Hoenn event, you will have a higher chance of finding Shiny Sceptile afterwards.
Mega Squad as a raid boss
Mega Gewaldro is a dual type Grass and Dragon. It has a total of six (!) weaknesses and one that stands out in particular: ice-type attacks. If it snows, and be sure to check the weather in the Pokémon Go app, these attacks will be boosted again. If you are not so well positioned, you can also fall back on the following types: Flight (boosted when it’s windy), Poison (boosted when it’s overcast), Bug (boosted when it rained), Dragon (boosted when it was windy) and Fairy (is boosted when the sky is overcast). So you have a lot of options to build your team of effective counters.
Mega Slayer comes along with a whopping 45,057 CP and will smash you in the face with Bug or Grass-type fast attacks. Once it has accumulated enough energy, it will also attack you with Charged Attacks of the following types: Ground, Grass, Dragon, and Flight. So, Mega Squirrel is well prepared and you should team up with other trainers to survive against the Pokémon. Below is a list of the best counters against Mega Gewaldro.
- Crypto Mamutel with powder snow and avalanche
- Crypto Snibunna with Ice Shards and Avalanche
- Crypto Mewtwo with Psycho Blade and Ice Beam
- Mega Rexblisar with powder snow and meteorologist
- Galar-Flampivian with ice tooth and avalanche
- mamuttel with powder snow and avalanche
- glaciola with ice breath and avalanche
- Crypto Arktos with ice breath and ice beam
- Snibunna with Ice Shards and Avalanche
- Crypto Walraisa with ice breath and ice spear
- mewtwo with Psycho Blade and Ice Beam
- Crypto Ho-Oh with reserve power and nosedive
- Crypto Brutalanda with dragon rod and tantrum
- Crypto Rexblisar with powder snow and meteorologist
- emissions with ice breath and avalanche
Pokemon Go: Catch Gewaldro
Once you’ve defeated Mega Squirrel, the Pokémon loses its Mega Energy and evolves back into a regular Squirrel. So, you’re catching Squid, not Mega Squid! At level 20, the Pokémon has 1575 CP at 100% IV. If the Pokémon is boosted to level 25 under sun or clear skies, the Pokémon will have 1969 CP at perfect 100% IV values. We wish you a successful hunt!