WoW WotLK Classic: Naxxramas in 41 minutes – these are the strategies of the pros
The EU guild none of the above has literally pulverized the previously valid speed run record for Naxxramas from WoW: Wrath of the Lich King Classic. After just 41 minutes and 25 seconds Kel’Thuzad was defeated on the ground. We’ll tell you which boss strategies the pros use to save time.
Already in WoW Classic there was an ambitious speedrun community that was aiming for the fastest kill times in the current raid instances week after week, and in WotLK Classic the professional guilds are always developing new strategies, especially to get rid of the bosses Sending Naxxramas to the dust faster than the competition. The current record comes from the EU guild none of the above and is not even a day old.
Kel’Thuzad down in 41 minutes
Specifically, the players from the Gehenna server managed the entire Naxxramas raid on December 6, 2022 to master in 41 minutes and 25 seconds. The previous record was a much slower 45 minutes and 17 seconds. Nota’s setup reads very melee-heavy: seven death knights, four villains, two booster shamans, wild druid, hunter, three warlocks, magicians, shadow priests, retribution, protection warriors (best tank for speedruns), balance -Druid and two healers (paladin, priest). Sarthe extensively commented on the entire run in a video a few hours ago:
The pros save time with these boss strategies
If you also want to save a lot of time with your guild in Naxxramas, then you can definitely copy one or the other boss strategy of the pros. In the following we will tell you which tricks nota and Co. use to fight Razuvious and the other meanies. In addition, there are of course general measures for speedruns such as the use of certain engineering gimmicks, fast pulls, CD use in certain fights / big pulls and so on. In addition, after the pull phase, the rogues use their rogue trade to increase the damage of other DDs. In this case, however, they immediately remove the threat effect again so that the boosted damage expert does not accidentally aggro and die.
- Anub’Rekhan: Some of the spider groups are pulled into the boss room and to Anub’Rekhan, where they then die in the cleave/area damage.
- Faerlina: Just pull boss and adds together and bomb everything away. In Faerlina’s Rain of Fire, tanks, bosses, and melee fighters can easily stand still.
- Maexxna: Nothing special. Villains can also avoid being webbed in via vanish in this Maexxna version of Naxxramas.
- patchwork: The raid doesn’t wait for Patchwerk to run back to the main room. Instead, the boss is pulled behind the slimes right along the way.
- Grobulus: Here the boss is pulled together with all the giants in the room and bombed away. When the giants are defeated, Grobbulus is not pulled through the room in a circle, but straight up the ramp.
- embers: Nothing special.
- Thaddius: Right when the boss intervenes, there’s rage/heroism. Warlocks leave the raid for a short amount of time to take full advantage of a second rage/heroism (which then comes for the final phase of combat). The boss is tanked directly at the teleporter.
- distress: Some of the gargoyles are pulled along with Noth. It is important that Noth dies before he disappears, but normal raids should also be able to do this easily.
- Heigan: If Heigan is tanked right at one corner of the platform and the ranged are at the opposite corner, then the fight turns into a static encounter where you can deal maximum damage.
- Loatheb: The next boss for the aforementioned rage/heroism strategy. Again, the Warlocks (and this time the Balance Druid) leave the raid for the best haste effect at the end of the fight.
- Razuvious: The latest trick of the pros: the boss and his servants are first distracted by a hunter and then drawn into the room of Gothik, because initially there is only a lame add phase waiting for the raid. Using the Engineer target dummies, the raid then controls the Razuvious threat while the boss’s life bar drains during the first waves of add.
- Gothic: The Razuvious pull is certainly only for experienced raiders who are optimally prepared. On the other hand, what each raid can do: With Gothik, park the entire raid on one side and only place the shaman totems on the undead side (this will pull isolated adds to the living side). As soon as the gate opens, you can then easily bomb the remaining adds of the other side out of life.
- The four riders: Unlike most “normal” raid groups, the pros here focus on Sir Zeliek first. If it dies within the first 20 seconds, then not a single one of the dangerous chain lightning goes out. Just in time for the death of the first boss, Thane and the Baron are then pulled to the camp, only for the entire gang to move to Lady Blaumeux. Of course, this is only possible if you cause enough raid damage for the three riders to die before your curse charges stack up too high.
- Sapphire: As few flight phases as possible and in the flight phase as many melee fighters as possible who stay with the boss for as long as possible – that’s the whole secret.
- Kel’Thuzad: Again, Warlocks are promoted from the raid when a Shaman ignites the first rage/heroism for the other players. Otherwise no special features.