Capcom has revealed new information about Street Fighter 6’s World Tour mode and new characters.
At the Game Awards 2022, Capcom announced numerous new details about Street Fighter 6. Including information on the immersive single player mode “World Tour”, four new characters, the start of pre-orders and the highly anticipated worldwide release date of June 2nd, 2023.
All Street Fighter 6 pre-orders will receive alternate colors for Chun-Li, Jamie, Manon, Dee Jay, Juri, and Ken’s outfits.
In addition, digital pre-orders of the versions for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 will receive exclusive content such as 18 special in-game titles or 18 stickers with special artwork of the launch squad to customize your own profile.
The three editions available for pre-order now are:
- Standard Edition (Physical/Digital) – Includes the base game with Fighting Ground, World Tour, Battle Hub and the 18-man starting cast
- Deluxe Edition (digital) – Includes the base game and Year 1 Character Pass (includes four characters), Outfit 1 colors 3-10 for all Year 1 characters, plus a bonus of 4200 Drive Tickets for in-game purchases, everything at a lower price than buying the full game and the Year 1 Character Pass.
- Ultimate Edition (digital) – Includes the base game and the Year 1 Ultimate Pass, which includes all of the content from the Year 1 Character Pass, plus additional costumes and their alternate colors for the four Year 1 characters, two more stages, and a bonus of 7700 Drive ticket.
In World Tour mode, players will visit various exciting locations like an arena in Italy, a festival in France, a beach in Jamaica and more while traveling around the world and learning special moves from different masters.
It’s even possible to mix and match special moves from different masters, allowing your avatar to first use a Hadoken or Sonic Boom, then use a Spinning Bird Kick, and finally even perform a Yoga Flame in the same fight, as long as using different inputs will.
World Tour also introduces Master Assist, which allows players to fight alongside a master like Ryu by summoning them to assist in combat for a period of time – a useful tool when facing more than one opponent.
Last but not least, it is possible to let off steam in mini-games such as Karate, Smash Bottles, Enjoy Italian Food, Save Basketball and more. The mini-games can be played as part-time jobs between matches to earn money in World Tour mode, which can then be used to buy clothing, food and more.
Also, Capcom revealed the next four characters, including a returning legend, Dee Jay, and three newcomers, Manon, Marisa, and JP.
- Dee Jay – Dee Jay, who first appeared in Super Street Fighter II, is a dance music superstar loved worldwide with a burning love for music and fighting. As a returning character in the series, Dee Jay retains his trademark moves that get players into the rhythm like “Air Slasher”, “Double Rolling Sobat”, “Machine Gun Upper” and “Jackknife Maximum” while introducing new moves like Added Jus Cool and Weekend Pleasure to his arsenal. Head to Bathers Beach, Dee Jay’s stage in Street Fighter 6, for a lively beach party amidst the setting sun.
- Manon – Supermodel and world champion judoka all rolled into one, Manon walks the catwalk in street fights to become the world’s strongest model. Manon’s moveset is a graceful combination of judo moves and classical ballet, featuring moves like manège doré, renversé, pas de deux, and more. You can find her at the Fete Foraine Stage in France, a dazzling carnival amidst the French skyline.
- Marisa – Marisa is an aspiring jewelry designer from Italy who claims descent from ancient Greek warriors. Marisa is a powerhouse of a character. She uses her long limbs to unleash slow but powerful strikes like the devastating Gladius, defensive counter Scutum, powerful Quadriga kick, and the almighty Goddess of the Hunt. Enjoy the scent of victory in Colosseo, Marisa’s stage with battle-ready warriors in the background cheering you on.
- JP – JP is the leader of an international non-profit organization responsible for many successful investment projects and the man behind Nayshall’s current prosperity. He has a beloved cat named Cybele. JP takes control of the entire map from every angle with moves like the powerful void-creating Departure, clone-employing Torbalan, Embrace grab, and devastating Interdiction.
In addition, the Street Fighter RVN6ACK campaign announced that all Street Fighter V: Champion Edition players will receive Super Street Fighter II Turbo in the Battle Hub when Street Fighter 6 is released. All they have to do is create a CAPCOM ID and then link it to the platform they are playing on.