While WoW: Dragonflight really took off, another MMORPG had to stop its service and close its doors. But at least there is hope for PvE fans, because Pantheon should be playable 12 times in 2023. That and more in the MMORPG week recap.
The highlights of the week:
The discussion of the week: After just one week, WoW wanted to change the world quests, immediately rowing back after criticism.
The excitement of the week: Lost Ark is plagued by annoying technical bugs. Players are now demanding: No new content until this is fixed.
One of the trailers for the upcoming Blue Protocol:
New events for Final Fantasy XIV and new old problems for New World
This is what happened in the big MMORPGs:
- World of Warcraft nerfs all tanks pretty bad just to make healers feel better.
- There is also a new mount in WoW: Dragonflight, which you only get if you buy Diablo IV.
- However, if you just need gold in Dragonflight, WoW demon Cortyn may have a trick and was able to earn 600,000 gold in 6 hours.
- An event in Final Fantasy XIV brings back a mount that hasn’t existed in 3 years.
- The developers also showed what you can generally expect in the coming months in terms of events in FFXIV.
- Originally, the Fresh Start servers were supposed to come to New World to get rid of the cloned gold issue from the release. But now there was another error.
- But at least there was also the new roadmap in New World, which shows you what’s to come in the first half of 2023. Even transmog is finally here.
- Lost Ark also continues to struggle with problems, such as processors overheating recently due to Easy Anticheat.
- If the December update in Lost Ark is not postponed, the next class, the summoner, will already be coming into play, and it has even been there (via mmorpg.com).
- Guild Wars 2 kicks off its winter event, and once again you can gift each other with the Secret Toymaker Community Event (via massivelyop).
- Black Desert Online celebrated the first “VOA” community event in Europe on Friday. We were there and will provide you with the details tomorrow.
By the way, in Dragonflight you can even fly a dragon in pairs:
Monster MMORPG treats you to cute hedgehogs as pets
This is what happened with the small MMORPGs:
- The new update The Forbidden Sanctum started in Path of Exile. We have summarized for you what to expect.
- The action MMORPG Elyon has been closed. After the announcement a few months ago, the servers have now been switched off. In addition, the Korean servers of the game should also close in 2023.
- RuneScape has announced that it will be reducing the cost of death next year (via mmorpg.com).
- EverQuest’s Night of Shadows expansion went live this week, bringing lots of new content (via mmorpg.com).
- Dual Universe got an update that might anger RNG enemies. Because there random asteroids are supposed to rain on you (via massivelyop).
- Albion Online is launching its next, smaller expansion on December 17th (via massivelyop).
- Star Wars: The Old Republic is changing its PvP in a big way and turning off ranked queues (via massivelyop).
- The new Blade and Soul update brings a new dungeon and zone (via mmorpg.com).
- The Pokémon MMORPG TemTem will focus more on PvP with its next update (via massivelyop).
- In the monster MMORPG Chimerland you can have a cute hedgehog as a pet since December 8th (via massivelyop).
We have summarized the 5 MMO highlights of the Game Awards 2022 with their trailers in a video for you:
Tiny-MORPG Book of Travels wants to recover – and get more expensive
This is what happened with the MMORPGs in development:
This is the MMORPG news of the week at a glance. What was your highlight? Have we perhaps forgotten something important? Or did you experience something exciting yourself? Write it to us in the comments here at MeinMMO.
By the way, MeinMMO editor Maik Schneider says: Dune’s new survival MMO looks more like an MMORPG and could redefine the genre