It takes an average of 15 hours to play through the story in Need for Speed Unbound. After that, you can continue driving happily through Lakeshore, for example to find other collectibles such as street art. In addition, the online mode is available, but without taking over the entire progress. So if you prefer to start the campaign at the beginning instead, the question inevitably arises as to how exactly that works.
However, if you search the menu to reset the progress of the only save available, you won’t find anything. NfS Unbound doesn’t give you the ability to just do that yourself. For that you have to rummage through the console’s memory and delete your saved game there.
How to delete your Unbound save on Xbox Series X/S
Starting position: You are on the Xbox dashboard
- opens “My Games & Apps”
- Under Games navigate to Need for Speed Unbound tile
- open this Game menu with the burger button (the middle right button with the three lines)
- Now a small menu opens in which you “Manage games and add-ons” clicks
- Chooses “Saved data” and delete the save for your account
More on Need for Speed Unbound:
How to delete your Unbound save on PS5
Starting position: You are on the PlayStation 5 dashboard
- Opens the settings (Gear icon in the top right between the magnifying glass and your profile)
- Choose the point “Storage” out
- Next you click “Console Storage”
- Select the “Saved Data” highlighted in orange
- Further to “Games for PS5”. This could result in a small loading time.
- Looking for Need for Speed Unbound
- Select the savegame and press on the bottom right “Delete” button
- Confirms the requestwhether you really want to delete the data
- Confirmed, if it was the case, that you also have the automatic synchronization want to deactivate the saved data (if necessary, “Apply to all”)
What happens to my trophies or achievements? Don’t worry, as with other games, deleting your save won’t lose any achievements you’ve earned. You can compare which ones you still have to catch up on if you are working towards platinum in the following article:
Need for Speed Unbound
Getting the platinum trophy is going to be pretty tough
One last important note: Make a backup to an external device before deleting the savegame just in case something goes wrong or you want to undo it. Otherwise your tuned cars, the fortune you have earned or even the collectibles are irrevocably gone.