It won’t be long before we can slip on Geralt’s witcher armor again and wander through the prettied game world of The Witcher 3 thanks to the next-gen upgrade. Before the launch, we summarize all the information about the upgrade for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S for you.
Release and Launch Time – When will the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S Upgrade be available?
Meanwhile, CD Projekt RED has revealed the official start times of the Next Gen update:
- Release for Xbox and PC: December 14, 2022 at 1 a.m. (corresponds to 1am CET)
- Release for PS5: 14 December 2022 at 00:00 (corresponds to 12am CET)
link to Twitter content
The PS5 version will therefore already be released on the night of December 13th to 14th at 0 a.m., while the Xbox and PC versions will have an hour to download.
Next gen update for free: For those who already own The Witcher 3 on PS4 and Xbox One (or PC), the upgrade will be available at no additional cost.
You can take a look at the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S versions of The Witcher 3 in the trailer below:
The Witcher 3 for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S is shown in the first trailer
What Will The Witcher 3 Next Gen Update Bring?
- Graphic revisions: Both characters and the environment are graphically modernized: improvements in resolution and textures, revised lighting and reflections, more details in the game world (e.g. denser vegetation)
- Performance mode running at 60 fps and according to CD Projekt, it should correspond to the PC version with ultra settings
- quality mode with ray tracing in 30 fps
- Dualsense Support: Adaptive triggers and haptic feedback increase immersion on PS5
- New content such as questswhich are based on the The Witcher series on Netflix (in the course of which, for example opened a door that was closed in the original version)
- Numerous Quality of Life adjustments: Adjustable subtitle size, hideable mini-map, quick magic thanks to trigger keys and buttons, and much more
- Various bug fixes and minor adjustments: eg one of the fixed the most annoying fast travel points in the game
You can get a first look at the graphical and technical improvements in this GamePro article:
more on the subject
The Witcher 3: The next-gen update looks better than expected in first comparisons
The upgrade for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S also contains five essential PC mods that you should definitely download, because they not only fix annoying bugs, but also bring an additional graphics boost. Here’s an overview of the extremely important mods in The Witcher 3 update.
Now the GamePro community is asking: will you download the next gen upgrade and play The Witcher 3 again? Write it to us in the comments.