In WoW: Dragonflight, artisans can obtain so-called artisan knowledge via the fame levels of various factions. We’ll explain the concept behind it and tell you which faction is particularly worth farming reputation for which professions.
If you want to fully enjoy the new profession system in the new WoW expansion Dragonflight, you have to farm a lot of reputation points again. This time, diligent players not only get new recipes, but also the so-called crafting knowledge if they increase their fame with certain factions. We will now explain exactly how this works.
Crafting knowledge depending on the faction and profession at a glance
Basically, you get five points of crafting knowledge in the form of crafting knowledge I and crafting knowledge II with each faction at fame level 14 and fame level 24. However, the rewards of the fame levels differ for the individual factions depending on which professions you practice. So you don’t automatically get the crafting knowledge from every faction for every profession, but only from certain factions for certain professions.
The distribution of knowledge points depending on the faction is accordingly as follows:
- alchemy: Centaurs of the Maruuk & Valdrakken Accords
- Blacksmithing: Centaurs of the Maruuk & Valdrakken Accords
- Enchanting: Dragonscale Expedition and Tuskarr & Iksaara
- engineering: Dragonscale Expedition & Valdrakken Agreement
- herbalism: Centaurs of the Maruuk & Tuskarr of Iksaara
- inscription: Dragonscale Expedition & Valdrakken Agreement
- jewelcrafting: Dragonscale Expedition & Tuskarr of Iksaara
- leather processing: Centaurs of the Maruuk & Tuskarr of Iksaara
- Mining: Dragonscale Expedition & Valdrakken Agreement
- skinning: Centaurs of the Maruuk & Tuskarr of Iksaara
- Tailoring: Dragonscale Expedition & Valdrakken Agreement
Depending on which professions you practice, it is worth first increasing your reputation with the respective factions if you want to focus on the production of high-quality equipment. Different job combinations require different amounts of factions: while herbalism and skinning together only require the appropriate fame levels for two factions, blacksmithing and enchanting require all four factions. So if you want to practice your professions with maximum efficiency, it is definitely worth taking a look at the faction rewards for the fame levels in the overview above.