Microsoft has hidden a few designs in the Windows 11 operating system with the 2022 update. With a registry intervention, the themes come to light.
With Windows 11 there are many different themes that are supplied ex works. If this selection is not enough for you, you can download design packages from the Microsoft Store or create your own designs. In Windows 11 2022 Update, however, the Redmond company also have a few themes hidden, as one Twitter user found out. This requires a registry intervention.
How to get the secret themes in Windows 11
If you have taken the right steps in the registry editor, there are several so-called education themes to choose from in the Personalization area of the settings app. These are themes that Microsoft created for students. Here’s how to get to the special designs:
- Open the registry editor by either searching for this term or by opening the entry in the start menu under Windows administrative programs.
- Navigate to the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftPolicyManagercurrentdevice” path.
- Now create a subkey called “Education”.
- The new DWORD will create “EnableEduThemes” and give it a value of 1.
- Restart the PC and then open the Settings app in the Personalization section.
It doesn’t matter which Windows version is running on the PC, the Education Themes can be activated everywhere. If you own a laptop with Windows 11 SE, you can use Education Themes as well enable virtual stickers on the desktop, as Microsoft reports. With stickers, students should become more attentive because they can realize themselves, so the reasoning on the part of Microsoft. Microsoft is certain that students should treat a PC with their own stickers with more respect and take better care of them. Windows 11 SE is only available preinstalled on education laptops.
Also worth reading: Windows 11 SE: This is what the new edition for cheap (school) laptops offers
Collection of hidden themes and stickers in Windows 11 2022 Update:
- Microsoft has hidden a few themes in Windows 11 2022 Update.
- If you have taken the right steps in the registry editor, there are several so-called education themes to choose from in the Personalization area of the settings app. Microsoft designed these themes specifically for students.
- If you have a laptop with Windows 11 SE, you can also add stickers to the desktop. Microsoft is certain that this trick will help students take better care of their PCs.