Free game number 5 at Epic Games: main thing, indie game
Epic Games has unveiled the fifth mysterious free game. Epic remains true to its previous line and mainly brings games to the people that are more indie games. But that didn’t have to be a bad thing.
At 5 p.m. sharp, Epic lifted the veil on the fifth mysterious game. Following the tower defense game Bloons TD 6, the arcade racer Horizon Chase Turbo, the costume RPG Costume Quest 2, and the indie exploration adventure Sable, comes the 2D fighting game Them’s Fightin’ Herds.
Fifth Game: Them’s Fightin’ Herds
In the fourth 24-hour free game, awkwardly named Them’s Fightin’ Herds, to be played until Tuesday available for download at 4:59 p.maccording to the description, “Them’s Fightin’ Herds is a 2D fighting game featuring adorable animals, designed by acclaimed cartoon producer Lauren Faust. But serious fighters await beneath the sweet surface!”.
Highlights of the game according to the publisher
- Catchy Combat: 4 button controls, magic system, super attack and juggle decay system against infinite combos.
- Story Mode: An episodic adventure full of discovery, challenging combat, mini-games and boss fights!
- Local Versus Mode and Online Crossplay: Battle other players locally offline or online with GGPO’s rollback netcode.
- Tutorial and Training Mode: Learn the basics in combo challenges and tutorials, practice combos in the training room and watch replays of your fights!
- Pixel Lobby: Unlock accessories, customize your avatar and explore online with others in a top-down graphical lobby.
- Dynamic Music: The rocking battle music adapts to the characters and turns every match into an epic battle of the titans.
Like most of the other free games that Epic has played since they switched to 24-hour play, the title falls more into the indie games category. Now that doesn’t have to mean anything bad, because so far all the free games have had very high ratings since Thursday. With 93 percent of the competitor Steam, Them’s Fightin’ Herds is no exception. Compared to previous years, Epic has not had a real well-known blockbuster in its program – but that can still come, because in all likelihood the fun will continue up to and including December 28th. On 12/29 a “normal” weekly free game will then be announced in all likelihood.
What do you think of the new free game at Epic Games? Use the comment function and let us know what you think. You must be logged in to PCGH.de or the Extreme forum to comment. If you don’t have an account yet, you can consider registeringwhich brings many advantages.