WoW: Bad nerfs for 7 out of 8 Mythic Plus dungeons
The first week of the Mythic Plus dungeons in WoW: Dragonflight is almost over and has impressively shown how different the eight instances were in terms of difficulty. Now the developers are reacting and giving almost all dungeons minor or major nerfs.
Although the Mythic Plus dungeons were tested in the WoW: Dragonflight beta, the balancing didn’t really work out that well. The reason for that at the end of the day, too little data, too few “normal” players in the beta or simply misjudgments by the developers, no longer plays a role. It is much more important that the developers react quickly. And that’s exactly what they do.
Already at the start of the second ID of Dragonflight Season 1, the dungeons will receive extensive adjustments. And by adjustments, of course, we mean nerfs. This should not only simplify the dungeon, but above all the instances should be about the same difficulty. Therefore, the currently supposedly heavier dungeons such as the ruby life pool or the attack of the Nokhud also get significantly more severe nerfs than, among other things, the Halls of Valor or the Algeth’ar Academy.
Incidentally, a single dungeon from the current Mythic Plus rotation has not received a nerf. Anyone who ran a lot of M+ dungeons this week can certainly imagine which one this is. That’s right, the Shadowmoon Burial Ground remains untouched. Actually surprising, since many expected a buff for the bosses and trash mobs.
WoW: Dragonflight: Season 1 – Massive nerfs to the Mythic Plus dungeons
Season 1 has got off to a flying start and we’ve played a lot of dungeons in Dragonflight in this first week of Mythic+ and gotten a lot of great feedback from players. While we don’t want to change too much as players are still understanding the new dungeons, we’ve identified a few areas where we’d like to respond to feedback sooner rather than later.
The following adjustmentUpdates to the Mythic+ Dungeons will go into effect with this week’s scheduled weekly maintenance (tomorrow, December 21st in that region):
- Enraged Fluttering Dragonfly’s damage has been reduced by 25% and should now attempt to stab multiple targets.
- Fixed an issue that caused Spectral Summoner arcane missiles to not scale properly with key levels.
- Overgrown Ancient
- Branch of an Ancient has had its health reduced by 40%.
The Azure Vaults
- Conjured Lasher’s health has been reduced by 20%.
- Arcane Nurser imbued ground damage reduced by 33%.
- azure blade
- Overwhelming Energy damage reduced by 25%.
- Overwhelming Energy cast time increased to 3 seconds (was 2 seconds).
- There is now a delay before Overwhelming Energy deals damage and ejects Ancient Orb Fragments (was dealing damage instantly).
- Ancient Orb damage reduced by 25%.
- Fixed an issue where Overwhelming Energy’s transmission would not appear.
- Fixed an issue where Overwhelming Energy’s cast time was not displaying correctly.
Court of Stars
- The Legion Hound’s Felfire Puddle now properly has a screen effect when standing on the ground in the rock puddle.
Halls of Valor
- Black Claw Worg Go for the Throat damage reduced by 20%.
- Fixed an issue that caused Blackclaw Worg’s Go for the Throat to target the player with the highest threat.
- Claw Wrath’s cast time has been increased to 1 second (was instantaneous) and now has a visual indicator to show that damage dealt is split between targets in the area of effect.
The Nokhud Offensive
- Soul Reaper’s Deathbolt Volley cast time increased to 3 seconds (was 1.5 seconds).
- Soul Reaper’s Deathbolt Volley and Shatter Soul are now cast less frequently.
- Ukhel Corruptor’s Deathbolt casting time increased to 2 seconds (was 1.5 seconds).
- Corruptor of Ukhel’s Necrotic Eruption is now cast less frequently.
- The Ukhel Deathspeaker’s Song of the Dead cast time has been increased to 8 seconds and is now cast less frequently.
- Risen Mystic’s Swift Wind cast time increased to 3 seconds (was 2 seconds).
- The Risen Warrior’s Mortal Blow duration has been reduced to 4 seconds (was 10 seconds) and is now cast less frequently.
- Desecrated Ohuna’s Rotting Wind has had its range reduced to 25 yards (was 40 yards) and is now cast less frequently.
- The raging thunderstorm
- Electric Storm damage reduced by 15%.
- Energy Surge duration reduced to 8 seconds (was 10 seconds).
ruby life pool
- Flameling no longer casts Burning Touch.
- Thunderhead and Maw of Fire are now visible from a greater distance, making their trajectories easier to follow.
- Thunderhead’s Storm Breath and Fire Maw’s Flame Breath cast time increased to 3 seconds (was 2 seconds).
- Primalist Flame Dancer’s Flame Dance channel duration increased to 6 seconds (was 4 seconds).
- The Flamebound Destroyer’s Living Bomb damage over time has been reduced by 40%.
- The Storm Channeler’s Thunderstorm periodic damage and duration have both been reduced by 20%.
- Kokia Firehoof
- Health reduced by 15%.
- Blazebound Firestorm’s health has been reduced by 20%.
- Kyrakka and Erkheart Stormvein
- Erkheart Stormvein’s health has been reduced by 10%.
- Kyrakka’s health is reduced by 10%.
- While Kyrakka is prone, Flame Spit now targets a maximum of 3 players (up from 5).
Temple of the Jade Serpent
- Depraved Mistweaver’s Desecrating Mist damage reduced by 20%.
- The initial aura of the Depraved Mistweaver’s Touch of Ruin is now a Curse effect.
- Wise Mari
- Corrupted Geyser warning effects visibility has been improved.
- Fixed an issue where Sage Mari wasn’t facing the right direction during Flush.
- Sha of Doubt
- Touch of Nothing damage reduced by 20%.
- Limits of Reality reduces damage taken by 99% instead of granting immunity to all damage.