In Pokémon, the raid rotation is one of the few chances to snag a rare Pokémon like Aerodactyl. Aerodactyl or rather Mega Aerodactyl is a powerful counterwhen it comes to Rock-type attacks. Mega Evolution is already in play, but even the most blatant Mega Evolution isn’t worth much if the Pokemon itself can’t do it. So be sure to look at the values if you have caught a Pokémon after a raid!
fun fact: Aerodactyl is a first generation Pokémon and cannot be caught as a “living” Pokémon. Like Pokémon that are revived from fossils, including Kabuto and Amonitas, Aerodactyl is a fossil-type Pokémon. In the Pokémon games, you have to find an item called Old Amber. This Old Amber is made from prehistoric tree sap in which Pokémon DNA is trapped. In the very first Pokémon editions, the Old Amber must be taken to the Museum of Science in Mamoria City. There, Aerodactyl will eventually be revived and you can add it to your team.
Of course, getting an Aerodactyl in Pokémon Go isn’t that complicated. With luck you will find it in the wild. If you don’t want to rely on this luck, then we have valuable tips for fighting the raid boss in the counter-guide to Aerodactyl below. After all, you can also secure it as a Shiny!
Aerodactyl as raid boss
Aerodactyl is dual-type Rock and Flight. It is vulnerable to the following types of attacks: Rock (boosted when the sky is partly cloudy), Steel and Ice (boosted when it was snowing), Water and Electric (boosted when it was raining). So, you have a few options for assembling your team for battle. If you want to use the weather boost, you should design your team accordingly and of course pay attention to the weather in the Pokémon Go app.
Aerodactyl soars with 18,678 CP and has a lot in store for you. His instant attacks can be Rock, Steel, or Dark type. When it comes to charging attacks, it takes it one step further and wants to bring you to your knees with the following types: ground, rock, normal (hyper beam) and steel. Trainers with a strong team can defeat Aerodactyl alone. We recommend you fight with a few other Pokémon Go players. Below is a list of the best counters against Aerodactyl.
- Crypto Metagross with bullet slash and comet slash
- Mega Sumpex with aqua ratchet and hydro pump
- Mega Turbok with aqua ratchet and hydro pump
- Crypto Raikou with thunderbolt and electric shock
- Voltrian with sparks and discharge
- Mega Voltenso with thunder tooth and electric shock
- Crypto Electrovoltek with thunderbolt and electric shock
- Crypto Mamutel with powder snow and avalanche
- Crypto Sumpex with aqua ratchet and hydro pump
- meta gross with bullet slash and comet slash
- Mega Gyarados with cascade and hydraulic pump
- Crypto Zapdos with Thunder Shock and Thunderbolt
- Mega Aerodactyl with stone throwing and stone hail
- Crypto Impergator with cascade and hydraulic pump
- Crypto Luxtra with sparks and electric shock
Pokemon Go: Catch Aerodactyl
Once you’ve defeated Aerodactyl, it’s time to get down to business – Pokéball! At level 20, the Pokémon has 1590 CP at 100% IV. If the Pokemon is boosted to level 25 in partly cloudy skies or windy conditions, the Pokemon will have 1988 CP with perfect 100% IV stats. We wish you a successful hunt!