Intel’s new graphics card driver supports many new game releases, including The Settlers: New Alliances. Intel once again emphasizes the performance of an Arc A750 compared to Nvidia’s RTX 3060, which in Die Siedler and Returnal should deliver both better performance and be clearly convincing in relation to the price.
Meanwhile, Intel is leading the competition when it comes to releasing GPU drivers. First in line, the returnee to the GPU business delivered early driver support for Hogwarts Legacy, while AMD and Nvidia arrived a bit late to the party. Yesterday Intel released the next Arc GPU driver, version 4125, which will provide support for a variety of games coming this week and next that are popular with gamers.
These include Company of Heroes 3, The Settlers: New Alliances, Atomic Heart, Wild Hearts and Like a Dragon: Ishin! The previous GPU drivers from February 7th also considered Returnal, which is now also available for the PC in addition to the Playstation 5. The developers at Intel paid special attention to The Settlers and Returnal and set up the proven comparison between an Arc A750 and Nvidia’s Geforce RTX 3060 in a separate article.
Arc A750 shows RTX 3060 in The Settlers and Returnal the taillights
Intel’s 8 GiB model in The Settlers is said to deliver an average of 174 fps at a resolution of 1080p with high settings and 130 fps at 1440p with high settings. With an RTX 3060, The Settlers runs according to Intel in the same scenarios with 164 or 114 fps. The gaps are also there in returnal, but much smaller: At 1080p, the Arc A750 is 3 fps ahead, at 1440p by 5 fps. According to the manufacturer, this results in a performance plus of 4 to 14 percent. However, Intel’s passion is the performance per dollar, which in the scenarios mentioned for Returnal and The Settlers should be 62 to 75 percent better than with an RTX 3060.
New Arc GPU driver: Arc A750 vs. Geforce RTX 3060
Matching: New drivers for Intel Arc: A750 cheaper and shines in DX9 games, RTX 3060 is behind
In the Patch Notes of the new Arc GPU driver, Intel lists, among other things, a number of known errors that occur with Arc graphics products. The GPU driver can be accessed via the Intel official website download. All other important information is also noted there. The following is a list of known errors with Arc graphics cards:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (Vulcan) may experience an application crash in benchmark mode when the screen type is set to full screen.
- Halo Infinite (DX12) may experience color distortions during gameplay when Reflections settings are enabled.
- Sea of Thieves (DX11) may experience color distortions at water edges.
- Conqueror’s Blade (DX11) may be glitchy in benchmark mode.
- The system may hang when waking up from hibernation. It may be necessary to power cycle the system to recover.
- GPU hardware acceleration may not be available for media playback and encoding with some versions of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- There may be errors in Blender when using the Nishita Sky texture node.