As a large open world role-playing game, Hogwarts Legacy does not come onto the market properly either. However, the first bugs were not fixed by an extensive Day One patch, but only a few days later – and so far only on Xbox Series X/S and PC. the necessary one Patch 01.000.004 for the PlayStation 5 but now it’s finally here and, in addition to bugs, it also tackles performance problems.
- Platform: PlayStation 5
- Update size: 927MB
What does the PS5 patch bring?
The patch also fixes various bugs on the PlayStation console and brings stability improvements, similar to the update for Xbox Series X/S and PC that has already been released. Alongside this, it also fixes the Collector’s Edition trophies issue that many fans were complaining about.
When will the patch go live?
It’s already live and should install automatically the next time you turn on your PS5. If you play on PC or Xbox Series X/S, you can find the corresponding patch notes here:
All patch notes for the new update today – but what about PS5?
The English patch notes for the PS5 version of Hogwarts Legacy
- PS5 patch 01.000.004
- Fixed issues with achievement data being properly pushed to Wizarding World portal after linking
- Added additional retry connections to WB Games server in the event session expired
- Fixed a trophy cap limit resolving the Collector’s Edition trophy not updating correctly. This will retroactively unlock and display all earned trophies earned by the player. This resolves the following reported issues: HL-1191 .
- Owl Mail
- Fixed an issue with mail not properly triggering a sequential mission
- World events
- Fixed rare crash around certain locations where in-game World Events spawn
- Fixed a rare crash when respawning NPCs in the world
- Fixed crash with some NPC schedules
- Fixed issues with flickering occurring with a transparent head while hair is still present
- Updated localization text for additional content items
- Added Build version to first time EULA
- Fixed rare occurrence of mission descriptions not being displayed correctly
- Corrected VFX presentation of robe transformation
- Fixed a stability issue when skipping cutscenes
- Fixed a crash when playing cutscenes and cinematics
- save games
- Cleaned up autosaves properly when closing game
- Corrected a crash when saving system was writing data
- Fixed error of rewriting last autosave slot
- Fixed an issue when restarting from last save around not being able to talk to a vendor after initial conversation.
- performance and stability
- Improved performance on Fidelity mode
- Fixed rare crash around hovering over the map
- Fixed issue with wind causing distortion and stretching of world assets
- Fixed a rare occurrence with material swapping
- Fixed a rare crash with map assets state
- Fixed Rare crash occurring with in-game world events
- Fixed a memory leak with global lighting system HL-313
- Fixed a crash when trying to solve a Flying Cabinet
JK Rowling’s transphobia: The success of Hogwarts Legacy indirectly benefits Harry Potter author JK Rowling, who participates through existing publishing rights and the associated sale of the books. Rowling continues to be active in anti-LGBTQIA+ rhetoric and actively supports anti-trans policies in the UK. If you want to find out more about the topic, you can find one here Summary of the main controversies surrounding Hogwarts Legacy.
If you want to report other technical problems and bugs, you can do so on the Warner Games support page do. There you can also read all the published patch notes and see which problems are already known and what is currently being worked on.
Hogwarts Legacy was released on February 10, 2023 for PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC. PS4 and Xbox One versions will follow on April 4th. On the Nintendo Switch, on the other hand, we can only unleash the magic on July 25th.