With the last content update (1.6.2), the story about Vikings*in Eivor came to an end in November 2022. However, due to the last story chapter, a few errors crept into the game. Apart from that, Ubisoft still had something to do in a few other places, so Assassin’s Creed Valhalla today Patch 1.7.0 received a generally “last” update. This should fix the remaining bugs and make other pending improvements.
Patch 1.7.0 is this big:
- PlayStation 5: 0.5GB
- PlayStation 4: 1.6GB
- Xbox Series X/S: 15.1GB
- Xbox One: 9.9GB
- PC: 6.3GB
When is the patch live? The update has been available for download on all supported systems in Germany since 1:00 p.m. If you have not deactivated automatic updates, it will be installed without your intervention.
It’s in the ‘last’ update
As already mentioned, you shouldn’t expect any new content with the update. The topic is closed. The patch instead focuses on bug fixes and improvements. This includes several errors related to the helix store or that Eivor’s hair was sticking out of the hood.
One last patch that doesn’t have to be the last: But even if we’re talking about the last patch here, which also takes care of technical problems, that doesn’t mean that Ubisoft won’t add more at some point. There is still a chance that bugs will show up and Ubisoft will take the time to fix them via a mini-update. Despite everything, the AC Valhalla era is over and didn’t exactly end dignified, as Annika thinks:
Sexism issues at Ubisoft: The French developer and publisher has been accused of a toxic corporate culture since July 2020. Including far-reaching Sexism issues, misogyny and discrimination, which should be deeply rooted in the company. Consequences have already been drawn by Ubisoft, e.g. Replaced management staff and openly commented on the allegations, but internally, many employees feel that these measures are not sufficient.
The complete English patch notes from AC Valhalla
- The Captain at Katzenelnbogen isn’t counted when the kill is confirmed.
- Resolved most of the rare instances where Light-Fingered skill prevented the pickup of key items.
- Eivor’s hair can clip through the hood after completing an Animus Anomaly.
ARMORY & INVENTORY
- Previously purchased items are missing from player inventory.
- The Raven Clan Crew outfit cannot be enhanced or upgraded to a higher quality.
- The total number of Opals in the inventory doesn’t update when picking up an Opal in the world.
- Resolved the error that occurs when trying to claim the Weekly Free Item.
- Gear packs still appear in the store when the content of the pack is already owned.
- Items incorrectly appear as owned in some situations.
- Korean language cannot be applied via Steam Language tab.
- It is possible to lose Helix Credits when purchasing the Twilight Set if 5/5 pieces of gear are already owned.
- Issues with pricing of Helix Store items when redeeming pieces of a full set.
- On Xbox, when buying Helix Credits through the store, they are not correctly added to the player inventory.
- In-game pop-ups no longer appear for Shared History and The Last Chapter when launching into the game.