Paradox Interactive today announced details for future content from Age of Wonders 4, the latest installment in the fantasy strategy game series from Triumph Studios. Age of Wonders 4 will be released on May 2nd, 2023 for PC, Xbox Series X|S and PS5 and will also be available in a premium edition. This offers you additional cosmetic content and the Expansion Pass, which contains two upcoming content packs and two future expansions. The Premium Edition should be cheaper than buying it individually. The recommended purchase price for the standard edition is 49.99 euros, for the premium edition 89.99 euros. You can watch the new story trailer right below this news.
In Age of Wonders 4 you rule a fantasy realm in a mixture of strategy, role-playing and turn-based combat. Mighty sorcerer-kings return to the world to rule as gods among mortals. You must rise up and challenge this dominion, using grimoires to cast destruction spells, developing your armies, and gaining new abilities. For the first time in the series you can create your own factions and your decisions should leave their mark on the world.
With the Premium Edition and the Expansion Pass you get the following content:
- Archmage Outfit: The wizards of Magehaven dress to impress and to represent the greatness of their personalities and ambitions. This outfit pack unlocks a new set of clothing that you can wear as an overall outfit or in any combination with other in-game items. The Archmage’s attire will be available to all Premium Edition players to coincide with the launch of Age of Wonders 4.
- Age of Wonders 4: Dragon Dawn – You seize the power of the ancient Dragon Lords in Age of Wonders 4 – Dragon Dawn Content Pack. From your dragon throne, you create empires inhabited by reptilian minions and use draconic magic to turn your people into dragon hybrids. This content pack features a new dragon ruler type, reptilian form, and new spell books, and is scheduled for release in Q3 2023.
- Age of Wonders 4: Empires and Ashes – Mortal empires revive after the Devastation of the Wizard Kings. In the Age of Wonders 4 – Empires and Ashes expansion, you will fuse magic and steel to create devastating war machines to drive the Godir back into the Astral Sea. Scheduled for release in Q4 2023, this full expansion will include a new culture, new spellbooks, new empire building options, and a new story realm.
- Age of Wonders 4: Primal Fury – You tame the spirits of nature in Age of Wonders 4 – Primal Fury Content Pack. You create species using new animal forms and a primeval culture, with new books that tap into the hidden forces of nature and the Fey realms. Your environment may contain new types of wildlife, creatures, and plentiful resources. Primal Fury is set to be available in the first quarter of 2024.
- Age of Wonders 4: Eldritch Realms – The Age of Wonders 4: Eldritch Realms expansion opens portals to realms said to be filled with arcane wonders and terrors. New forces threaten the rule of the Godir of Magehaven. With new strange monsters, new race forms, magical realms and locations, this full expansion aims to bring a new dimension to the game in Q2 2024.
On the official site you can take a look at the pre-order options, among other things. By pre-ordering, regardless of edition, you will receive an additional ruler and armor set: Aric Rex, a Tigran High King, and his elegant lion plate armor, imperial cloak and Athlan crown.