In November, Winter Update brought a host of new maps, modes, and features to Halo Infinite. One of the most exciting additions was the Forge Beta, a powerful fan-favorite toolset that the Spartans have used to unleash their creativity since its inception in Halo 3. Today, we’re excited to announce that as of January 2, we’ve reached over 1 million creations!
We’re continuing the Forge Beta launch with the addition of the Custom Game Browser in December, allowing you to host and connect to Custom Games, including Forge Creations. As of January 2, more than 8.5 million custom games have been played since the Custom Game Browser was released.
Earlier this month, we featured four amazing Forge creations from the community on the list of reproduction Community Collectionwhich has been the playlist of Halo Infinite most popular since the game’s launch. This playlist will continue to be updated with even more content from the community in the future, stay tuned!
The maps included in the Community Collection so far are:
- Credits: Anvil Prime 52, Savesme6464, b0b is here
- Marker: absolution
- A map we previously featured in our third issue of Forge Features, Absolution has some familiar elements from a few different maps, from Sanctuary to Halo 2 to Halo 3’s Guardian, with that Forerunner aesthetic that defined the look of Delta Halo.
- Credits: Sikamikanico, Whos Blaze, UnknownEmerald, tdubfed1, Bubba
- Marker: Perilous
- While not a direct remake of the iconic Lockout from Halo 2Many areas of this map have elements from that beloved classic that add a touch of familiarity to this new space.
- Credits: Black Picture, InfiniteForges, Hofsta, tdubfed1
- Marker: Salvation
- Halo’s Damnation: Combat Evolved sees a new stage of the Banished and a beautifully revamped industrial aesthetic inside a vast cavern.
- Credits: Pwn Jones, TheHoodedManZ, bisuetox, The MetaChief, Hitbox unKnown, Max Extra
- Marker: star board
- All hands have been summoned to battle stations in this stunning Midship spiritual remake of Halo 2.
The Halo community continues to amaze us with the scale of their imagination and innovation, and we have many more plans for Forge, from a mini-game mode to new map budget categories to help support your creativity. We’re very excited to see what’s next for Forge! We also can’t wait for you to join us on March 7th for Season 3: Echoes Within.