The developers of Baldur’s Gate 3 have confirmed that all players with early access can look forward to a free upgrade of the role-playing game to the digital deluxe version.
Since December 2022 it is clear that Baldur’s Gate 3 will finally appear in August 2023 after a long early access phase becomes. In February 2023, those responsible then delivered a trailer that revealed the specific launch date: The role-playing game will be released on August 31, 2023 for PC, Mac and PlayStation 5, in three versions:
- The basic game for 59.99 euros (Steam) or 69.99 euros (PlayStation)
- The Digital Deluxe Edition for 79.99 euros (PlayStation 5 price, Steam price not yet known)
- The Collector’s Edition for 259.99 euros (PC and PlayStation 5)
Good news for all Early Access buyers
Since there is no information about the Digital Deluxe Edition or an upgrade option for the PC version on Steam so far, he asked Player Vukan via Twitter directly to Larian: “Will it be possible to purchase the deluxe bonuses as DLC once released? Or a pack for an upgrade? For those who bought early access, it’s not very clear. Right now I feel a little betrayed.“
The Developer response was not long in coming: “If you play Baldur’s Gate 3 already owns on PC or purchased it in Early Access prior to release, you will receive a free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition on release day.” So good news for all Early Access buyers: As a thank you for your trust, you save some money and can look forward to the following goodies of the Digital Deluxe Edition (via Steam):
- Divinity Bard Pack (Amaze your audience with this special set of new songs from the Divinity series)
- “Treasures of Rivellon” Pack (Discover a new collection of paintings from the Forgotten Realms)
- Adventurer’s Bag (You will receive a collection of stock supplies and potions to help you start your journey)
- Digital OST– Enjoy the music of Baldur’s Gate 3 by composer Borislav Slavov
- digital art book– Explore the art and design of Baldur’s Gate 3 in this digital artbook written by Larian
- Digital Character Sheets– A set of four-page D&D character sheets for each character from Baldur’s Gate 3
On the Product page of Baldur’s Gate 3 for PlayStation 5 an “Exclusive Dice Theme” is also listed as a bonus. However, this bonus is missing from the listing in the developers’ Steam post linked above. It’s currently unclear if the bonus is PlayStation exclusive or just forgotten on the blog.