As part of today’s “Paradox Announcement Show” have Paradox Interactive and Harebrained Schemes, the makers of the shadowruntrilogy and by Battletechher new game The Lamplighters League announced. You can watch the announcement trailer right below this news. There is also one gameplay video.
The pulp adventure takes place in an alternative version of the 1930s. You must stop the sinister global cult known as the Banished Court from taking over the world. The game mixes different gameplay objectives such as real-time infiltration, turn-based tactical combat, and managing a growing team of scholars who are actually only the second guard. The First Guard has already failed.
Christopher Rogersgame director of The Lamplighters League, had the following to say:
Harebrained Schemes is all about interwoven tactical gameplay that challenges the mind, with stories and characters that touch the heart. Over the years we’ve been fortunate to tell the stories in cherished environments like Shadowrun and Battletech. The new world that The Lamplighters League takes place in gives us the creative freedom to simultaneously tell a story that supports gameplay and build gameplay that supports the story. We love these characters and hope players and fans will enjoy getting to know them while exploring each one’s unique abilities the way we did. I can’t wait to share everything we’ve been working on.
The Lamplighters League is said to contain:
- You control a team of different characters with different abilities. You learn more about them by taking them on missions.
- There are a variety of locations. Before a fight takes place, you can explore the battlefield in real time and sneak past enemies, stealthily take out stragglers, and position your squad to your advantage.
- In turn-based battles, you have to use the various skills of the agents, which grow as the game progresses. Equipment will also play a role.
- You follow the Banished Court in an alternative version of the 1930s through shipyards, deserts, cities or jungles. You make your decisions on a global level. Your goal is to prevent the enemy from furthering their plans. So there is a time critical element.
- You recruit outlaws and outcasts before the Banished Court wins them over.
- Each mission allows the team new resources and growth of their skills. However, stress and injury take their toll.
The Lamplighters League is scheduled to be released in 2023 for PC (Steam, Epic, Windows Store) and Xbox Series X|S. You can on Steam already on the wish list.