We are looking for reinforcements in our team with immediate effect. You can now apply for a job at MeinMMO to write news, analyses, opinions or guides as a freelancer from your home office.
Who we are looking for: You should have a good understanding of gaming, especially online multiplayer games. You are also interested in gaming culture and gaming communities.
After that we look:
- You always know what the hot topics are in gaming
- You enjoy finding out about new games and talking about them
- You are interested in what others have to say about the latest gaming news and happenings
- You are familiar with reddit, twitter, discord, tiktok and official forums to keep you informed
- You enjoy writing and have an interest in journalistic work
- You would like to further develop your skills and are looking forward to training
It is an advantage if you already have experience: Your own blog, your own streaming channel or work for another website could be included. But this is not a requirement for the position.
Danger: This position is intended for self-employed employees. It is not a permanent position.
That’s the job
You will become part of our editorial team and help shape our reporting on video games and gaming culture. It is important to us that you put the readers first.
The task field:
- You write articles about video games and topics that move the gaming community. This can include: news, lists, guides, analyses, opinions and interviews
- You search independently on reddit, Twitter, YouTube, Tiktok, etc. for exciting gaming topics that you implement as articles. Here you get support from the editors.
- You deal with analysis tools like Google Trends to see which topics the community is most interested in right now. You don’t need any previous SEO knowledge. The editors will provide you with the necessary information.
- You regularly coordinate with the editors which articles you write
- If there is interest: Participation in talk and video formats
what we offer
- The work can be done from the home office
- You can organize your working hours flexibly, as long as there is room for exchange with the team
- You are part of a highly committed team that gives each other feedback and supports each other
- You are part of one of the three largest gaming sites in Germany (GameStar, GamePro and MeinMMO) that belong to a network
- Practical training in the field of online and gaming journalism
- Practical training in the field of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- You can participate in online journalism workshops ranging from interviewing to SEO application and storytelling
- A large network in the international gaming industry and in German gaming journalism
who we are
MeinMMO was founded in September 2013. Since March 2016 we are part of Webedia Gaming. We continue to maintain an independent editorial team, with most working from their home offices. We draw on the resources at our headquarters in Munich, where the GameStar editorial team is also based. As well as GameStar as well as MeinMMO and GamePro are part of Webedia Gaming GmbH.
MeinMMO now reaches over 3.5 million unique users every month. The site has thus established itself as one of the largest German gaming websites within just a few years.
The focus of MeinMMO is on popular service games that have been developed over the years and played together online. This includes games like Diablo 4, World of Warcraft, Pokémon GO, Call of Duty, The Elder Scrolls Online or Fortnite.
Another important part of reporting is gaming culture. The focus here is on the people who turn gaming into a lively and passionate community. This includes things like community stories, e-sports, cosplay, streamers or gaming events.
The general conditions and application
When is the job for? From now on.
For how many hours is the job? Ideally, you have up to 20 hours a week at your disposal. Optionally, more hours are possible.
What about payment? There are. Details will be clarified in a personal conversation.
What must be in the application?
- a letter of motivation
- your tabular CV
- optional: work samples
When is the deadline? March 26, 2023
Where does the application have to be sent? By email to the following two people:
Note on data protection: After the application process is complete, we will delete all applications. But before that, everyone should have received an acceptance or rejection.