On April 6th, the “Ratoidvania” pirate adventure “Curse of the Sea Rats” sets sail.
The action-packed pirate adventure Curse of the Sea Rats from PQube and developer Petoons Studio is coming soon, April 6, 2023 for PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
The latest trailer gives players their first glimpse of the game’s terrifying bosses to defeat throughout the campaign.
Here’s the trailer:
Players can choose one of four scheming pirates who have been turned into harmless rats by the evil witch Flora Burn and embark on an epic journey to get their human bodies back.
But that’s easier said than done, as there are many dangers lurking for the cunning four-legged friends along the way, from belligerent minions and dangerous bosses to the evil witch who cast the curse. There is no shortage of mysteries and pirate treasures for sea rats to explore on the Irish coast either.
Curse of the Sea Rats at a glance:
- A classic Metroidvania platformer full of challenging passages and exciting boss fights
- Along the Irish coast of the 18th century, players can explore the world, fight evil and search for treasure
- 4 unique heroes with their own play styles and skill trees: David Douglas, Buffalo Calf, Bussa and Akane Yamakawa
- Stunning hand-drawn animation and visuals – 2D animation inspired by classic animated movies meets a detailed 3D environment
- Local co-op for up to four players, with flexibility for players to join or leave at any time
- Challenging Boss Battles: Players face off against Flora Burn’s elite crew and must learn the pirates’ challenging attack patterns before returning home victorious
- Use spiritual energy to improve the selected character’s extensive skill tree
- Search hidden treasures to get rare items or buy them from the quartermaster to gain an advantage in the fight against the witch