The AMD CPU, the Ryzen 9 7950X3D, was recently introduced and showed an impressive combination of high performance and energy efficiency in the test. The new Ryzen 7000 with 3D V-Cache is currently the best gaming CPU, as confirmed by the PCGH CPU performance index and numerous gaming benchmarks. In applications, the Ryzen 9 7950X3D also shows strong performance, although it doesn’t quite reach the level of the 7950X. The larger L3 cache has fewer advantages here, and the 7950X3D cannot fully compensate for the plus in TDP and clock frequency of the previous top model for socket AM5. Nevertheless, the CPU review from PC Games Hardware shows that the best gaming processor is also very energy efficient in applications like Cinebench and offers a lot of performance per watt. In the meantime, we have also been able to test the Ryzen 9 7900X3D, which, in contrast to the coveted 7950X3D, is comparatively readily available. As expected, it’s not quite on the 7950X3D level, but it’s still one of the fastest gaming CPUs and remarkably efficient. Of course, in this CPU price comparison, we also take a look at Ryzen processors for sockets AM4 and AM5 that have been available for some time, such as the popular Ryzen 7 5800X3D.
Table of contents
- 1Price development for AMD CPUs: New low prices for several Ryzen
- 2AMD Sales Charts: Which Ryzen Are Popular? (Source: Amazon.de)
- 3Top deals on AMD Ryzen CPUs
- 4Buy AMD CPU for Socket AM4 (Ryzen 5000).
- 5Buy Ryzen 5 5500 (AM4, 6c/12t, 3.60-4.20 GHz)
- 6Buy Ryzen 5 5600G (AM4, 6c/12t, 3.90-4.40 GHz, IGP)
- 7Buy Ryzen 5 5600 (AM4, 6c/12t, 3.50-4.40 GHz)
- 8thBuy Ryzen 5 5600X (AM4, 6c/12t, 3.70-4.60 GHz)
- 9Buy Ryzen 7 5700G (AM4, 8c/16t, 3.80-4.60 GHz, IGP)
- 10Buy Ryzen 7 5700X (AM4, 8c/16t, 3.40-4.60 GHz)
- 11Buy Ryzen 7 5800X (AM4, 8c/16t, 3.80-4.70 GHz)
- 12Buy Ryzen 7 5800X3D (AM4, 8c/16t, 3.40-4.50 GHz)
- 13Buy Ryzen 9 5900X (AM4, 12c/24t, 3.70-4.80 GHz)
- 14Buy Ryzen 9 5950X (AM4, 16c/32t, 3.40-4.90 GHz)
- 15Buy AMD CPU for Socket AM5 (Ryzen 7000).
- 16Buy Ryzen 5 7600 (AM5, 6c/12t, 3.80-5.10 GHz, IGP)
- 17Buy Ryzen 5 7600X (AM5, 6c/12t, 4.70-5.30 GHz, IGP)
- 18Buy Ryzen 7 7700 (AM5, 8c/16t, 3.80-5.30 GHz, IGP)
- 19Buy Ryzen 7 7700X (AM5, 8c/16t, 4.50-5.40 GHz, IGP)
- 20Buy Ryzen 9 7900 (AM5, 12c/24t, 3.70-5.40 GHz, IGP
- 21Buy Ryzen 9 7900X (AM5, 12c/24t, 4.70-5.60 GHz, IGP)
- 22Buy Ryzen 9 7950X (AM5, 16c/32t, 4.50-5.70 GHz, IGP)
- 23Buy Ryzen 9 7900X3D (AM5, 12c/24t, 4.40-5.60 GHz, IGP)
- 24Buy Ryzen 9 7950X3D (AM5, 16c/32t, 4.20-5.70 GHz, IGP)
- 25AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D and Ryzen 5 7600X3D Simulation: Eight and six cores with 3D V-Cache
- 26Ryzen 7950X3D in the test: Roundhouse kick against Intel (PCGH video)
If you were hoping for a widespread price drop on other Ryzen processors after the release of the 7950X3D and 7900X3D, then it didn’t come true. But that doesn’t mean there haven’t been exciting moves since the last AMD CPU price comparison in late February. With most processors there were only changes of a maximum of 5 euros, but with three chips new low prices were reached – the CPUs have never been cheaper. These are the Ryzen 9 5900X and the Ryzen 7 7700X, which are around 20 euros cheaper than the price check the week before last. The price drop is particularly large for the new Ryzen 9 7900X3D, which has become more than 40 euros cheaper. This makes the 12-core processor an all the more interesting alternative to the 7950X3D, because the AMD top model is still out of stock at all retailers. The 5800X3D, which is still in high demand, has slipped from 1st place to 5th place in the Ryzen bestsellers. In this case, too, availability is the problem, but luckily the CPU is still in stock at retailers other than Amazon.
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 175.99 euros at Amazon.de
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 229.99 euros at Amazon.de
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600 139.00 euros at Amazon.de
- AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 195.99 euros at Amazon.de
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D at Amazon.de
- AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 184.99 euros at Amazon.de
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 130.99 euros at Amazon.de
- AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 336.99 euros at Amazon.de
- AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 249.00 euros at Amazon.de
- AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 346.05 euros at Amazon.de
- AMD Ryzen 5 5500 95.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 122.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600 132.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 167.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 176.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 187.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 221.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 317.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 324.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 479.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 5 7600 237.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 243.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 7 7700 329.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 328.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 9 7900 443.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 439.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 595.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
- AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D 637.00 euros at Mindfactory.de
If you own a motherboard with AMD’s AM4 socket, the Ryzen 5000 CPUs represent the most powerful processors to consider for an upgrade without replacing the motherboard and memory. For first generation motherboards like X370, B350 and A320, you should make sure that the chosen CPU is officially supported and the UEFI is updated before installing the new Ryzen CPU. If application performance is paramount, the Ryzen 9 5950X and Ryzen 9 5900X are good upgrade options. If the gaming performance is to be as high as possible, we recommend the Ryzen 7 5800X3D, which is one of the fastest gaming CPUs due to its large L3 cache. If an integrated graphics unit is important, the Ryzen 7 5700G and Ryzen 5 5600G models stand out. If you don’t expect high frame rates and are willing to play with low details and a reduced resolution like 720p, these chips can offer sufficient gaming performance in many titles even without a dedicated graphics card.
Also worth reading: XFX Speedster: Cheapest Radeon RX 6800 XT continues to fall in price
With a Ryzen CPU for the AM5 socket, only DDR5 RAM can be used, since DDR4 RAM is not supported by these processors and accordingly there are no AM5 socket mainboards with DDR4 RAM slots. Since the price difference between DDR5 SDRAM and its predecessor is no longer significant, upgraders should not hesitate. An upgrade to an AM5 socket system also enables the use of PCI Express 5.0 – provided the right mainboard is used. The Ryzen 9 7900, Ryzen 7 7700 and Ryzen 5 7600 models show that the namesakes with an “X”, i.e. Ryzen 9 7900X, Ryzen 7 7700X and Ryzen 5 7600X, are not only faster, but often cheaper – for many users therefore probably the better option. The integrated graphics unit of the Ryzen 7000 CPUs is less powerful than the Ryzen 7 5700G or Ryzen 5 5600G and is hardly suitable for older games. Of the brand new models with 3D V-Cache, 7950X3D and 7900X3D, only the latter is in stock at retailers.
The price of the CPU is listed for Alternate and Caseking, but unfortunately it is not available.
The 7950X3D should also be available to order here as soon as availability improves:
“No matter which comparison you draw, the simulations of the Ryzen 7 7800X3D and Ryzen 5 7600X3D show what awaits us from April. Because then the eight-core will appear, at least officially, but there is still no trace of the six-core, but who knows what else AMD is planning. However, the numbers also show why AMD only distributed the 16-core for the tests: Only then was AMD able to beat Intel Raptor Lake in almost every respect. According to our calculations, a Ryzen 7 7800X3D does not quite succeed. This lines up more in the direction of the Core i7-13700K and only rarely nibbles on the i9-13900K. The six-core Ryzen 5 7600X3D is just barely slower, the same applies.” That was an excerpt from the article with simulated Ryzen 7000X3D CPUs.
Advertisement: PCGH Advisor PCs with Ryzen CPUs
The Ryzen 9 7950X3D is so powerful and efficient in games that this model is also extremely attractive for the PCGH Advisory PCs. However, some time is still needed to be able to offer computers with the best CPU for PC gamers. However, such a high-end PC will not exactly be cheap, since it is the most expensive Ryzen processor for the AM5 socket. In the PCGH Advisor PC 2700 Edition However, the Ryzen 9 7900X3D is installed, the second fastest AMD CPU for games! In addition, a Geforce RTX 4070 Ti, 32 GiByte DDR5-5600 RAM and a 2 TB NVME SSD are included in the computer. Would you like to change something in the configuration? This is not a problem! With the PC configurator you can adapt the composition to your own ideas during the ordering process.
If you are not only interested in where you can buy a cheap AMD CPU, but also want to find out more about current savings offers from Amazon, Alternate, Media Markt and Co., you should not miss our Daily Deals. Our PCGH Technology Advisor Portal. The coveted Geforce and Radeon graphics cards and other technology products can be priced with the PCGH price comparison check.