Today, Destiny 2 Guardians expect an extended downtime to give Bungie time to fix bugs in the game that are currently clouding the experience. We’ll tell you how long on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and PC cannot be played and which errors are on the to-do list of your favorite loot shooter. Of course with live updates.
What you need to know today: Destiny 2: Lightfall is still affected by a few bugs three weeks after release. Bungie was able to fix some of these immediately, while others require more attention from the developer, such as the invisibility bug.
Because of this, Bungie has already been forced to postpone PvP events:
Destiny 2 Postpones Popular Event Because Guardians Are Still Invisible
So today, Thursday, March 16th, the Destiny 2 servers will go offline for Hotfix 18.104.22.168. For players, this not only means longer background maintenance, but also a new update for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and PC.
As always, MeinMMO informs you about all known details of the downtime, tells you when you can’t gamble and updates the maintenance process live.
Maintenance on 03/16 – All times to the server down
These times are important today: There’s a lot to do, so you’re going to have to brace yourself for a lengthy downtime today, like Bungie via Twitter communicated. Not only will you be kicked out of the game earlier, you will also be able to log back in later than usual.
This is the exact schedule for maintenance:
- At 3:00 p.m. German time, maintenance work will start in the background on all platforms.
- From 3:45 p.m. the servers will go offline and you will be automatically kicked out of all activities.
- Around 20:00 the servers are back online and update 22.214.171.124 is made available.
- Continuous background maintenance will then officially end at 9:00 p.m. if everything goes smoothly.
Important: Even if you have downloaded the update and are back in-game, you may experience connection issues until the end of maintenance at 9:00 p.m. You may also have to expect queues when logging in.
Also, keep in mind that third-party applications and the official companion app may not be properly accessible for a while after the update. However, you can take advantage of the in-game loadout system introduced with Lightfall.
This changes with Hotfix 126.96.36.199 in Season 20
That brings the hotfix today: Destiny 2 players are eagerly awaiting bug fixes and have had to deal with many a nuisance over the past few weeks. It is therefore hoped that today Bungie will eliminate much of this truly impressively long list that even Telesto is jealous of.
A weapon has now broken Destiny and Destiny 2 38 times
MeinMMO lists issues that Bungie is already aware of, as well as those that our readers have brought to our attention. However, what is fixed by it will only be shown in the patch notes.
- The Radiant status effect does not act as a buff for polearms.
- Nimbus’ weekly challenge bounty for the Vex Incursion event is not resetting properly.
- The Necrotic Grasp Exotic Warlock Gloves are still disabled in dungeons and raids due to a damage bug with poisoning.
- Fleeting projectiles from Harness of the Falcon do not grant anti-barrier to Void weapons.
- Bind salvos from Mind’s Command do not stun Unstoppable champions.
- Veterans are not getting the correct amount of lore books on their first rank up.
- Get by’s memory burst explosion sometimes doesn’t activate on kills.
- The Trials Master handguns have one less bullet in the magazine than the non-master versions of the handguns.
- The Gravity Elevator in Neomuna is framerate bound. This means players with higher framerates will die on landing.
- Players have also located and reported other framerate bugs in Destiny 2 that continue to make you one-hit kills.
- The “Mark as seen” button in collections no longer works.
- The Dimensional Hypotrochoid Grenade Launcher can gain a Ranged Masterwork.
- Quests not related to Lightfall are displayed in the Lightfall Quests category.
- The Stormcloud Grabber Hunter Gauntlet is missing an Armor Synthesis ornament.
- Certain heavy weapon archetypes do not gain benefits from equipping a third reserve mod.
- Players can no longer equip the Unbroken title.
- Restoration resets to a lower timer when the original source of the buff is reapplied.
- Appreciation screen UI behavior causes players to unintentionally skip the end of the Season 1 Mission cinematic.
- There is an issue where some player characters and weapons appear invisible after repeated interactions with the commendation screen in activities.
- Submitting a missing item from Loadouts via the Destiny API may cause some players to crash.
- It is possible to use weapons to mark targets through Titan Barricades.
- The Grand Overture Catalyst imparts a disorientation effect to the explosives in the time-limited charge.
- When Hunters use their Super, Thread of Generation no longer works on their grenades if they aren’t shimmy attacks.
- The uncharged melee attack can create quick melee combos in a row.
- When players preview Armor Packs on PS5, a black screen appears.
- Anti-Champion Mods can sometimes function inconsistently.
- Using 3 copies of the same resist armor mod offers no difference to using 2 copies of the same mod.
- Exotic Winterbite Glaive is still disabled in Raids, Dungeons, and Gambit.
- The jötunn is also still disabled in PvP, Dungeons and Raids.
- Equipping a large amount of decaying armor charge mods will disable level 4 and 5 artifact mods from players.
- Appreciations are greyed out as some activities have already given them.
- Player name changes are not infinitely customizable through bungie.net. Players are still waiting for the option to change their player name again instead of the message “You don’t have any name changes available.” to obtain.
- Quicksilver Storm Exotic Auto Rifle and Spiteful Touch Exotic Scout Rifle have lost their 40% damage increase against red bar enemies.
- The quest “Welcome to the Hall of Heroes” can become blocked if players interact with an alternate character’s broken statues early on.
- Some non-gilded titles are showing as gilded, and some related triumphs have been marked as incomplete.
- The Deep Sight Chest in the new Root of Nightmares raid will not grant new rewards to players who had already opened it prior to the weekly reset.
Patch Notes for Hotfix 188.8.131.52 in Destiny 2
What’s in the patch notes? Bungie publishes the comprehensive list of all changes to Hotfix 184.108.40.206 in the form of patch notes. We link them to you because something could change later if Bungie adjusts or changes statements.
In this box you will find the link to the patch notes as soon as they are released.
What do you think of this error list? Did you notice them all? Or just the worst? Tell us. And if you have noticed other problems in the game that spoil your gaming experience, then please leave a comment as well. The more bugs are raised, the quicker they end up on Bungie’s to-do list.
However, some errors are missing from Destiny 2 immediately and only a few hours after they are known – like this one: PvE God from Destiny 2 shows how to get the best armor particularly quickly and thus ensured that it is no longer exploited.