The GeForce driver Game Ready 531.18 with NVIDIA’s latest WHQL certification had a bug that caused a 10% increase in CPU usage when closing games.
NVIDIA caught on to the issue fairly quickly, as well as adding “Increased NVIDIA Container CPU usage might be observed after exiting a game” to the list of known issues.
NVIDIA also released a hotfix within a few days, which was great to see, but since GeForce Game Ready Driver 531.26 was a beta version, it wasn’t shipped to the broader GeForce audience as part of GeForce Experience or the usual official download of the game. controller. That has changed as NVIDIA has released the official NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 531.29 WHQL drivers for all GeForce GPU owners.
It solves the CPU usage problem but also solves the stability problems with Adobe applications. That being said, it looks like a new HDR-related issue has been added to the list, where turning the effect on and off can cause issues like crashes when using a non-native resolution. You can get the desktop version and the mobile/portable version HERE.
Here is the changelog.
- NVIDIA Container may see increased CPU usage after quitting a game (4007208)
- Stability issues may be observed, especially on laptops with GeForce GTX 10/MX250/350 series GPUs (4008527)
- Adobe application stability issues with 531.18 (4009055)(4008751)
- Turning HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when using a non-native resolution. (3624030)
- The monitor may flicker briefly when coming out of screen sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. (3592260)
- [Halo Wars 2] Game foliage is larger than average and shows constant flickering (3888343)
- [GeForce RTX 4090] Watch Dogs 2 can blink when looking at the sky (3858016)
- [Hogwarts Legacy] Black Screen/Wait to Boot to Shader Compilation Screen with Driver 531.18 (4012825) Fix: Close and restart the game.
- GeForce Experience Freestyle Filters App Causes Games to Crash (4008945)
- Assassin’s Creed Origins stability issues with 531.18 (4008770)
- HD Audio Driver – 22.214.171.124
NVIDIA PhysX System Software – 9.21.0713
- GeForce Experience – 126.96.36.199
CUDA – 12.1
- DCH NVIDIA Control Panel – 8.1.963.0