When the temperature drops, Ice-type Pokémon like Firnontor feel terribly comfortable and show up in Pokémon Go! And it gets even better! Recently, Firnontor has gained strength and evolved into Mega Firnontor. Although it looks a bit like a spooky skull, the Pokémon is and always will be Ice-type. Like other Mega Evolutions before it, Mega Firnontor is a good counter in raids in certain situations! However, it remains to be seen whether it can keep up with other representatives of its type class.
fun fact: Firnontor’s original Japanese name contains the words Oni and Kōri, which can be translated as demon and ice. Do you want to know how to casually pocket Mega Firnontor in Pokémon Go? Then we have tips in the following counter-guide.
Mega Firnontor as a raid boss
Like Firnontor, Mega Firnontor is Ice-type, so it has a total of four weaknesses you can exploit: Combat (boosted when the sky is overcast), Rock (boosted when the sky was partly cloudy), Steel (boosted when it was snowing), and Fire (boosted when the sun is shining or the sky is clear). So you can put together your team from a wide variety of attackers. Pay attention to the weather in Pokémon Go to take advantage of the Weather Boost, as you will do more damage with your Pokémon when the weather matches the attack types.
Mega Firnontor has a low 34,265 CP for a Mega Raid and has a comparatively low defense value. True to its type, it will come at you with Ice-type instant attacks. His Charged Attack can be Ice, Ghost, or Steel. Either way, you should team up with a few other trainers to ensure victory. Below are the best attackers against Mega Firnontor.
- Mega Lohgock with counter and tan cannonade
- Mega Charizard Y with fire wheel and tan cannonade
- Crypto Metagross with bullet slash and star slash
- terracotta with double kick and sancto blade
- Crypto Entei with Fire Tooth and Heat Fever
- Mega Dogemon with Fire Tooth and Flamethrower
- Keldeo with tower kick and sancto blade
- Crypto Ho-Oh with cremation and purifying fire
- Mega Charizard X with fire wheel and tan cannonade
- Crypto Lavados with fire wheel and heat koller
- Crypto Machamp with counter and balancing punch
- Reshiram with Fire Tooth and Heat Fever
- Lucario with counter and aura sphere
- meta gross with bullet slash and star slash
- Mega Aerodactyl with stone throwing and stone hail
Once you’ve defeated Mega Firnontor, its mega powers will drain and it will revert to its normal form. So you don’t catch Mega Firnon Tor, but a very ordinary Firnon Tor, but with luck that can be dazzling! In his normal form, Firnontor is also an Ice-type and has a value of 1203 CP at level 20 at 100% IV values. If Firnontor is boosted to level 25 in Snowfall, it has 1504 CP at perfect 100% IV values. We wish you much success!