Blizzard Entertainment has officially announced that Overwatch 2 will be released on October 4th, 2022 as a free-to-play game. The free-to-play gaming experience will be updated with new seasonal content every nine weeks. There’s either a new hero, mode, or map, as well as new themed cosmetics.
It was further revealed that the Overwatch 2 beta will begin on June 28th and the Registration now possible is. Who’s that Watch Point Pack buys for 39.99 euros, gets guaranteed access to the beta and other Overwatch 2 exclusive content.
The Watchpoint Pack includes:
- Guaranteed Access to Overwatch 2 PvP Cross-Platform Beta (Starts June 28, 2022)
- Overwatch Legendary Edition (includes five legendary and five epic skins)
- Premium Battle Pass: Season 1
- Two legendary hero skins for Overwatch 2: Space Raider for Soldier: 76 and Space Raider for Cassidy
- 2000 units of virtual currency for Overwatch 2
- Overwatch 2 Player Icon (Overwatch 2 Exclusive Pre-Purchase Extra: Watchpoint Pack)
The developers have announced what Overwatch 2 players can expect from release day and what new content Season 1 & 2 will deliver:
To give you a better impression, some new videos have been released:
In addition, the animated short film “The Wastelander” was released:
Continuing with the Junker Queen Origin Story Trailer: