Lost Ark was supposed to get the next major update in mid-June. But that was delayed by a few weeks. Amazon is now explaining how the move came about. New content for faster gearscore unlocking and a Pay2Win system were to blame.
Why was the patch postponed? According to Amazon, the move was primarily due to three things:
It is now certain that the big June update will be released on Thursday, June 30th. The day before there should be more information about the fortress research and the patch notes for the update.
More about the June and July patch can be found here:
Lost Ark: New roadmap for the MMORPG shows the next class – but also harbors a disappointment
Pay2Win content from Korea is not coming to the West for now
What was behind Yoz’s mug? Yoz’s Mug allows you to salvage skins you no longer want. From this you get materials and, by using blue crystals, you can roll a new skin.
At the same time, the system introduces a couple of epic and two legendary skins per class. The legendary skins give you stat bonuses and thus better attributes. the user birkholz has on reddit calculated that this amounts to about 1.9% more damage.
In order to get these full stat bonuses, however, you need skins from the shop and the use of blue crystals. Ideally, you can get the whole set with 334 euros and with average luck you need about 532 euros. However, that did not go down well with the players.
How is Amazon reacting now? The system around Yoz’s mug is already active in Korea, but is not coming to the western world for the time being. But whether it will be left out forever is unclear. We also don’t know exactly why the community managers were blocked from communicating.
To apologize for the delay, players will receive additional gifts. One is a Mokoko skin selection chest and the other is a growth pack containing the following items:
- Destruction Stone Selection Pouch x5 – which allows one of these options to be selected from each chest:
- Tier 1 – Destruction Stone Fragment (Bound) x1,000
- Tier 2 – Destruction Stone (Bound) x1,000
- Tier 3 – Destruction Stone Crystal (Bound) x200
- Watchstone Selection Pouch x12 – which allows one of these options to be selected from each chest:
- Tier 1 – Watchstone Fragment (Bound) x1,000
- Tier 2 – Guardian Stone (Bound) x1,000
- Tier 3 – Guardian Stone Crystal x200
- Enhance Choice Chest x10 – which allows one of these options to be selected from each chest:
- Tier 1 – Harmony Shard Pouch (L) x3
- Tier 2 – Life Fragment Pouch (L) x3
- Tier 3 – Honor Fragment Pouch (L) x1
The growth packs will also be included in the shop for one month.
What do you think of the removal of Yoz’s jar? In your opinion, was the system problematic and was it exaggerated too much? Write it to us in the comments.
Amazon is currently not only working on Lost Ark, but also on another online game. We have collected everything known so far:
Amazon announces another big online game after Lost Ark and New World – we know that