The times of Burning Crusade are over once more. Today an era in World of Warcraft Classic ends – and a new one begins.
For those who “The Burning Crusade Classic” was the revelation, which is certainly mourning, especially in the last hours of this expansion. Because the age of BC Classic is almost over, because in just a few hours, WoW Classic will start the next era – that of Wrath of the Lich King.
What happens in WoW Classic? In the coming night of August 30th to August 31st, the big pre-patch 3.0 for World of Warcraft Classic will be applied to the previous “The Burning Crusade Classic” realms. With this, all realms officially enter the WotLK era and receive all the systematic innovations that came with the 2nd expansion – such as the achievement system or the revised talents.
Can’t you play Burning Crusade anymore? Right. With the upcoming launch of WotLK Classic, the BC realms have had their day and will transition seamlessly into the next expansion. If you’re only interested in Burning Crusade, then you’ve had bad luck.
Of course, the content can still be played on the WotLK realms, but the raids and other content should have almost no relevance for the endgame.
What else is up? In the coming days, things really get going with Wrath of the Lich King Classic. Everyone has a few days to get used to the reworks and the death knight before the legendary zombie invasion soon begins. The exact schedule for the European realms is as follows:
- August 31: The pre-patch is released.
- September 6th – 13th: The zombie plague is rampant in Azeroth and spreading chaos. Former heroes can turn into zombies and infect the whole world.
- September 13 – 26: The Scourge invasions with the necropolises take place all over the world. There are particularly powerful rewards that will make it easier to start the new expansion.
- September 27: Wrath of the Lich King Classic will officially release at midnight.
- 5th October: Arena Season 5, the first season of WotLK Classic, begins.
- 7 October: Open the first 3 raids, i.e. Naxxramas, the Eye of Eternity and the Obsidian Sanctum.
Are you excited for Wrath of the Lich King Classic? Or would you have liked to indulge in The Burning Crusade nostalgia a little longer?